Chapter 18:

(A/N): Hello stranger. This chapter is dedicated to all the persons who one day stepped on a lego.

In the futur, be careful and wear slippers.

----------

Jisoo's POV:

Until then, our date was perfect. There was no one sweeter and more caring than Rosé. Since the trial of her former employer, we had spent a lot more time together. The Aussie was finally relieved of the fear of facing Yin again, even if she still had a long way before overcoming her trauma.

"What dessert will you take?" She asked me, her eyes fixed on the menu.

"A waffle, probably, and you?"

She blushed and lowered her head. I caught her looking at the table across ours, where a child was blowing the candles from his birthday cake. Amused, I put my hand on hers and smiled.

"Don't be shy about your appetite. It's not like the owner of an all-you-can-eat restaurant forbid you to come back to their restaurant."

I took a thoughtful look and contemplated the wall behind Rosé.

"Oh, but wait ... Didn't that happen last week?"

The Aussie, embarrassed, hid behind the menu and leaned back in her chair.

"Okay, let's take a birthday cake. We will eat it together," I chuckled.

"But we have nothing to celebrate!" She protested.

"We do. I bought a new phone! Pray for its survival."

Rosé giggled, and I felt her gaze on me as I ordered the dessert. She was beautiful in her red and white dress, and it was impossible to take my eyes off her feminine curves.

"You mentioned Jennie and Lisa earlier. What did you want to tell me?" The teacher asked, taking a sip of her wine.

"Oh, my sister seems to have a small crush on your best friend."

Rosé arched a brow, surprised.

"She should go for it. Lisa is single, and I heard she was taking a long break from her job."

"Jennie tried and got rejected," I sighed. "Lisa told her she wasn't over her ex."

"That's new," Rosé frowned. "Don't tell that to Jennie but... It sounds like an excuse."

"Why?"

"I don't know any of Lisa's ex, except myself," She giggled, and I choked.

"You dated your best friend?!" I exclaimed. "How did it happen?!"

"We met at the Coachella festival in California. We slept together on our first day there. I thought it would be a simple one-night-stand, but..." The Aussie shrugged. "The following morning, she asked me to be her girlfriend for a week. I accepted, and we broke up at the end of the festival."

Silent, I took a sip of water and gulped it down, observing the waiter as he put our order on the table. Rosé noticed my change of demeanour, and I crossed my arms, upset.