Chapter 16:

Rosé's POV:

After I read Irene's text, I immediately composed her number. It must be important since she usually never messaged me nor talked to me in that tone.

The teacher was a quiet person; shy and introvert except when she was with her students. Before Yin started harassing me, Irene and I enjoyed hanging out together. We shared common hobbies and traits of personality.

The young woman answered after a few rings, and I couldn't help but notice she was tense.

"Good evening, Eonnie. I saw your text. What did you want to talk about?"

I heard her take a shattered breath. She sounded nervous, perhaps afraid.

"This is a delicate matter. I don't know if we should discuss this on the phone, but you need to know."

"I'm listening."

* * *

"We found a camera in your classroom, your sister was right," Lisa said and slid an envelope on my lawyer's desk. "This is the memory card I found. But there must be more."

"It's illegal to film an individual without their consent. They can't use the records as evidence of whatever they want to prove." Jennie added, crossing her legs.

Lisa investigated my classroom early in the morning before classes began. She was very observant and meticulous, and she was able to find what Alice missed: a spy cam.

A cold shiver ran down my spine; I had a bad feeling about this case.

"Why would they record everything Rosé does, then?"

"My sister supposed that Miss Kang tried to film what happened between us. There must be something we missed."

"Miss Park, I asked you to bring your employment contract."

I took out the piece of paper out of my bag and gave it to my lawyer, Kim Namjoon. Jennie put her glasses on and read the contract above his shoulder.

Jisoo's thumb circled on the back of my hand, trying to smooth me. Several minutes passed before Jennie suddenly pointed at a line in the contract.

"This states you agree to be recorded if the administration feels the need to investigate your ways of teaching. They have to tell you beforehand, though."

"I didn't know about this when I signed. I thought it was a regular contract!" I exclaimed. "They said they would examine my work performance at the beginning of the year. I supposed they were going to test my students."

"They tricked you a long time ago," Namjoon-sshi sighed. "We can't do anything about the records."

"What about this colleague you mentioned? Bae Irene?" Jennie questioned.

"Yesterday, she contacted me. She heard about how I filed a complaint against Yin and wants to testimony."

"Does she know something?" Jennie asked.

I looked down, not able to swallow the lump in my throat. Jisoo patted my thigh and faced her sister.

"She is a victim too. And from what Rosé understood, it went far beyond sexual harassment," The raven-haired answered for me.