Chapter 8

For the love of God, where is she?! I have been looking everywhere around the block and yet still no sign of her. Where could have she gone to anyway?

I stopped in front of a random building and sighed, my hand placed on my face as I think. If she isn't around here, then there could only be one thing.

Some strangers kidnapped her.

Not wasting any time, I began walking again and this time I move a bit further from where I was hoping that she might be around the next block. I gotta move fast before something happens to her. While on my way to the next block, I decided to look in every alley that I might pass by in case if they're hiding in there.

I then stopped and thought.

Why am I even desperate to find her?

This question repeats my mind as I jog. Yet I couldn't find the answer to a question as simple as that. Either way, the thought of it annoys me. I have to find her quick.

I then finally reached the next block, my search around the area has begun. Just how long will I be searching for her?

...............

"Are we there yet?" The girl asked the two strangers.

"Not yet, we're still a bit far away so you have to be patient. Can you do that, little girl?" The man carrying her asked.

"Okie." She answered.

"Do you think anyone would find us suspicious?" The other asked him.

"Probably, but just act casual and try to not draw any unnecessary attention." He said.

"I can't wait to show everyone what we've got! We'll finally be able to rank up and be the superiors of the group."

"I know right? Now they won't be belittling us anymore."

"Just imagine us ordering around our underlings."

"That would be awesome. I can't wait for it to happen."

Stomach growling occurs.

The two of them stopped, looking at each other.

"We should probably hide inside an alley for now. I'll go get something to eat." The one carrying the girl said.

"Right."

The two of them enter inside the nearest alley and the make placed down the girl on the ground.

"You stay here with your other friend, while I go get food. Got that?" He asked her.

"Yesh."

"Good. Keep an eye on her." He whispered the last sentence to his partner.

"I will, now go get us some food." He said.

He then left to get some food, the other two were the only ones in the alley. The girl was sitting on a box that is beside a large garbage box. Her white jacket was still on her, preventing everyone to see her animal ears.

The guy who was assigned to watch over her was leaning against a wall, while he messes with his phone. They did nothing but stand and sit there, while they wait for the person who is currently buying them food.

"When will we get there, mister?" She asked him.

No response. He probably didn't hear her. So she then began calling her.

"Hey mister, mister,mister, mister!"

"Huh? Oh, uh, what is it?"

"I wanna go there now." She said.

"Can you wait a little longer? We just need to stop here and eat." He answered.

She then grumbled and remain sitting there, after all the waiting she had grown impatient and wants to go back to his roommate. But she knows that won't happen any time soon.

Even though it's only been a few moments, but she already misses him.

The person she stays with.

The person she eats with.

The person she calls Chibi.

Later, she then stands up and was about to walk away. But she was then caught by her clothing, pulling her back.

"Now where do you think you're going?" The masked man asked.

"I wanna go home to Chibi." She said.

"Oh no you don't. You'll be staying here, or else you might get lost in this big city. You wouldn't want that right?" He asked

"No..." She responded.

"Now..." He paused.

He then placed her back on the box and grabbed another handkerchief from his pocket. He used the object and tied her hands.

"Why don't you be a good girl and stay here. You still haven't got your coins after all, right??" He asked in a rather cold tone.

 You still haven't got your coins after all, right??" He asked in a rather cold tone

She then nods. The guy went back to messing with his phone as he lean against the wall. The girl then began to think if his partner would go and search for her.

You're nothing but a pest to me, got it?

Those words that he keeps saying to her repeats in her mind with his expression on how he say it. She's only nothing but a bother to him.Her head hung low and she just waited there. Then... she said in a low voice.

"Chibi will come."

Will he be able to find her in time?