Chapter 33

Augh.... Where am I? What place is this? How in the world did I get here?

"Hello? Anyone? Where am I?!" I yelled out.

The whole place was similar to the street in where I live in, but, not a single person is around but me and the whole atmosphere feels nostalgic for me. I decided to walk around to look for any clues as to why I'm here.

I enter inside my neighborhood and approach the apartment building where I reside. Observing the structure, I noticed how similar it looked to how it was a year ago. I just had come to the conclusion that I'm somewhat in the past.

Entering the first floor I climb my way up to the second floor and on to the third floor where my apartment room is. I each check the room numbers engraved to the doors. Finally, I've reached my door and stood in front of it. I grab on the door knob and turned it, surprisingly, it did and I opened it.

The whole place was dark and dusty, some boxes were even stacked up on the corner of the room. So I'm in the timeline where I first moved here, odd.

I stepped inside and take a stroll around the cramped place. First entering the kitchen, then the bathroom and now back to the main room. Nothing special or odd has occured at the moment, like I ever want something such as that to happen.

Since I have no other reason to stay here, I head out and close the door behind me then walked down the stairs to the first floor and out of the building. While I walked my way to the last stairs, I suddenly heard a door behind me creak. I slowly look back and saw the nearest door barely open.

Curious, I step closer to the door and intently stare in the darkness that is being exposed. I take a closer look by leaning towards the door, but the moment I'm a few inches to the door, I got a slight clear view that there's another person behind.

Startled, I immediately stepped back. A hand showed up from the darkness and grab on the edge of the door. They slowly opened the door to reveal themselves as a middle aged man, a crazed look was planted on his face.

Now if I remember correctly, he is my neighbor until now. I always speed walk out of this floor to avoid him.

He then smiled maniacally at me as I show a terrified look.

"Heh... heh.. hey kid...Wanna see my flowers?!" He shouted

........................

"Ahhhh!" My eyes shot open and I quickly sit up, sweating and breathing heavily.

"Chibi!" Nixium was sitting on my lap as she wore a worried expression.

I hugged her more tightly than I have hugged anyone ever. She was utterly surprise by this action. Seconds later, I pulled away and stared at her with a still terrified look.

"I don't wanna see him ever again..." I sneezed afterwards.

"Chibi! You still have a cold! Sleeeep!" She tries to force me back to lying on my bed.

"I can't sleep because I'm experiencing PTSD at the moment..." I mumbled.

"Nu, sleep. Nixium will take care of Chibi." She said.

I only silently lay back down and stared at the ceiling, my face red due to my cold. Because of this I'm prevented to go to work and school until I get better. Just great.

I don't wanna go back to sleep, I might dream of that again.

Nixium only stared at me this whole time, for some reason this doesn't bother me at all. It actually makes me a lot more safe. I look back as her and her gaze is resolute.

"Hey, can you grab me a glass of water?" I asked.

"Okie!" She saluted and got off of me then head inside the kitchen.

I waited for her to come back and it seems she's taking longer, I wonder what happened? Sighing, I only continued on waiting for her. At last, she finally comes back holding a glass of water and an empty pitcher on her head? Her head is even wet.

Staring weirdly at her, she only handed me the glass with a wide smile, which is not sincere at all. I sit up and hesitantly took the glass of water from her and drink its contents while not removing my eyes from her. Giving back the empty glass, she awkwardly walks back in the kitchen and coming back with no pitcher on her head anymore.

Though her head is still wet.

"You weren't being careful again, were you?" I said, blankly staring at her.

"Nixium was being car- Owwy." I didn't let her finish her sentence by flicking her forehead.

"Prepare your towel, I'll give you a bath." I said, getting out of my bed.

"Nuuu! Chibi still has a cold! Sleep!" She hugs me tightly.

"I can always go back to sleep after this, now get off and I'll give you a bath."

Suddenly while we were in the middle of this situation. A loud knock was heard from the door. I look at it and Nixium let go of me. I slowly walked towards the door and grab the door knob. Turning it and slowly opening it, my eyes widen when I saw who it was.

"Heh... hey kids... Wanna see my flowers?" The middle aged man said between breathes.

"Oh my God, it's you again!" I yelled in shock.

It turns out, that was all just a dream as well