Chapter 31

"There is no way in hell that you are my dad! I heard it from my mom herself, he died when I was still young." I glared at Zamiel.

"Sad to say, your mother was only covering the truth about me to you. Both me and your mother had a feud years ago, shortly after your brother Gideon was born, I took him and left." He stated.

I remained silent and looked down on the floor, expressing a look of distress as I contemplate. I took a breather before looking back up and on to Zamiel, or my dad per say.

"I want to know." I paused, he hummed and raised a brow. "Why did you leave mom and only took him." I gestured at Gideon.

"The reason is something I'm just gonna keep as a secret. After we divorced, we agreed that we get to have one of you in our custody." He answered.

"You're really late you know." I sighed.

"I know, son. Apologies for your father's mistake." He said.

"Though don't expect me to treat you like a dad so soon." I gave off a cold gaze.

"I'll take note of that, oh! I'm afraid I still have some other things to worry about. How about we continue our family talk at a later time? Gideon, why don't you guide your brother out of the facility?" Zamiel stand up and put the cigarette on an ashtray.

"Got it. I suddenly have a tingly feeling up my spine whenever I think he's my brother all along." Gideon said the last part quietly.

"I guess this is the best time to head back home. Hey pest, you re-" I stopped.

My eyes widen when I realized she isn't beside me anymore. I look around the room for a moment before looking at the door. Without a second thought, I rushed out of the office and dash around the building. I asked one of the thugs and heard that they saw her went out of the building. I exited outside and began to look around the area.

There's no sign of her at all so I continued to look further. Suddenly, I stopped on my tracks. Why am I extremely worried about her? This is all her fault I got too attached to her, just great. Minutes later, I went back to searching for her. Since she isn't around the building, I began to search in the nearby buildings and houses. Passing by two dogs on the way, I stood in front of construction site.

I suddenly had a feeling that she might be here. My feet dragged me around the area, my eyes gazing left and right. Upon reaching the pile of concrete pipes, I can hear whimpering from the other side. I walked around the pipes and the sight made my eyes widen.

It was the pest, sitting down on the dirty ground crying with multiple scratches and wounds on her feet. I quickly went to her, hold her shoulder, her watery eyes staring at mine. For once, I looked at her with concern. She grabs on to my jacket and hugs me tightly, this caught me off gaurd and I fell on my butt. Realizing her current state, I immediately stand back up with her in my arms and rushed out of the construction site and back to the mafia's facility.

I met up with Gideon who was standing outside and saw me walking towards him. He also saw me holding the pest and quickly went to my side.

"What happened to her?" He asked.

"Don't know, but we need to patch her up." I said.

We both got back inside the building and went to a nearby chair. I place down the pest and waited for Gideon to come back with the first aid kit. Once he got it, I began to clean up her wounds and scratches, after it's done I applied the bandaged around her feet and done. Placing back the materials in the kit I sighed, I informed Gideon that I'll be heading out and going home and he nodded.

I picked the pest up and she only grab on to me tightly. We finally left the place for real and we're now on our way to head back to my apartment. I decided to stop by in front of a bakery and bought some honeyed bread. Looking for a place to sit, I place the pest down on a crate instead and leaned on the bars. The sun was already starting to set and I look at the horizon to see the calm ocean.

"Next time, always stay beside me if you don't want to get hurt." I looked back at her and she looked at me.

"I only want to find and give Chibi a flower." She said quietly.

"Seriously? All for that? Geez, at least eat this bread for me will you?" I gave her a piece of the bread.

She started to bite and swallow the bread, I look at her for a few seconds before gazing back at the ocean. What a long day it is, sometimes all I wanted to do was to lie down and sleep for a long time. I let out a loud sigh, the pest had just finished her bread and is only quietly sitting down on the crate.

I turn towards her, kneeling down and holding her bandaged foot. Gently rubbing it.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked, not looking at her

"Uh uh." She answered.

"That's a relief. Make sure you don't get hurt like this again in the future, got it?" I finally looked at her.

She nodded in response and I stand back up. I hated to do this but, I guess I'll try and cheer her up for a bit. Turning my back towards her I bend down and looked back at her.

"Well? Aren't you gonna climb on?" I asked.

She had realized what I meant in that statement and immediately got on my shoulders, giggling. I sighed, and finally started to walk.

"Chibi is being nice to Nixium now." I heard her say.

"Don't get too excited about that. I'm only doing this because I need to." I reasoned.

"Hehe. Thankie Chibi." She said.

"Yeah."