Chapter 15

"So, tell me why do you want to talk to me?" I sat down across from the woman who had just finished eating.

My shift ended just now so I don't have to worry about getting scolded for slacking. The woman in front of me has shoulder length dark brown hair, with golden eyes.

"I saw you the other day with someone that is quite, peculiar." She said with serious eyes.

"What do you mean by that? And who is that person to be more specific on your statement

"What do you mean by that? And who is that person to be more specific on your statement." I said.

"That small girl with white hair, the one with cat ears." She said.

"Oh.. her, and what do you want from her? And how did you know about those ears?" I asked.

"This one is a very serious topic so we should tone down our voice a bit... well I know that because I am one of her kind as well." She said.

"Okay now, now. How is that even possible?" I asked completely confused at this.

"What I'm saying is the truth, let me ask you one simple question. Have you heard about the rumors about the presumably extinct humans who have animal parts?" She asked.

"Yeah... I've read about that on some books years ago. That means-" I was cut off by her.

"Yes, those people are us. There are still a few of us around the world hiding in the shadows or disguising ourselves as one of the normal humans." She said.

"This is just making me confused. How are you guys we're able to live anyway?" I said.

"Our ancestors have their ways on surviving." She answered.

"I see so does that mean she's one of your kind?"

"Exactly. We should continue our discussion in perhaps next week? Oh, how rude of me, apologies for not introducing myself. My name's Hitsugi." She said.

"And I know you already know my name. So where should we continue our talk?" I asked.

"Maybe at your place so people won't hear it. I wouldn't want anyone to reveal my true self, anyways." She said standing up.

"All right then. I'll see you soon." I said.

Hitsugi then walk towards the entrance and got out of the place. I stand up after a minute of thinking and grabbed my stuff. I took off the coat of my uniform and pulled up the sleeves of my buttoned shirt. I exited my workplace and walked my way back to my apartment, but before that, I decided to buy a box of donuts once again and head home.

I stood in front of my door, sighing, I slowly open it and saw the unexpected.

"Eh?"

"Uwaa

"Uwaa... Hallu Chibi, hehe.."

"I'm not even gonna ask." I place down my things and close the door.

I went to her and help her stand up, then removed the yarn around her. After that, I put the yarn away and I look at her.

"Welcome back, Chibi!" She happily said as she grabs my shirt and stick her forehead to mine.

She then let go and gave me a smile. I couldn't help but blush at this, deny that cuteness, Y/N, don't let yourself show her your weakness.

"Shut up... anyway, here's some donuts, it's not like I bought it for you." I said as I grab the box and place it on the coffee table.

"Uwu! Donuts! Yay!"

I watch her as she opens the box and takes put a donut. I later grab my casual clothes in my closet and head inside the bathroom. Cleaning myself up for a few minutes, I then dried myself and got dressed. Once I got out and sat down on my bed and let out a sigh.

Looking at her, she then looks back at me with a smile.

"Wanna share?" She asked.

"What? Nah, eat it yourself, I bought it for you." I said.

"B-but Chibi likes donuts..." She said.

"Ahhh fine, I'll have some of it." I rolled my eyes.

I grab one donut from the box and ate it. While doing so, I watch her eat hers. I know I've already said it to her that I didn't bought it for her, why would I even buy something for her. This girl never understands.

"Eat it yourself, I bought it for you."

.....

.....

.....

I bought it for you.

This almost made me choke so I swallowed the donut and immediately stood up.

"No, I didn't!!" I suddenly yelled.

"Uwaa!!" She suddenly got startled by my outburst.

After that, I made us two cups of milk and we both drank it. An hour later me and her are sitting on my bed face to face, my back was leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing on my bed? Go to sleep." I said to her.

"Nu, Nixium will sleep when Chibi sleeps." She said.

"Don't make me yell at you." I said.

"Hnnnnng...." She just continued staring at me.

I only closed my eyes and let my mind refreshed from all of the things that has happened. This suddenly made me remember what Hitugi said back in my workplace. Presumably extinct animal-like humans, huh? I guess they aren't extinct at all since I met two of their kind and one is currently sitting in front of me.

About a minute later, I felt something warm on my lap. I open my eyes and saw her sleeping on me.

Why is she sleeping on my lap?! Augh, dammit I can't move myself without waking her up. Wait why do I even care if I wake her or not? Should I push her or not?

Never mind... I'll let this slide for now.

This pest sure is hard to defeat.

I place my hand on her head and rub it. Minutes later, I then drifted off to sleep.