Chapter 22

"Finally all the props are finished, my job here is done." I said as I wiped the sweat on my forehead.

"Chibi! Les go eat some donuts!" The pest begged.

"Huh, maybe later. At least let me take a ten minute break." I sat down on the side of the stage.

"Okie!" She then goes to me and sits on my lap.

"Don't just go to me and sit on my lap without permission, you pest." I glared at her.

"Hehehe, Chibi pat me!" She demanded.

"Argh..." I let out a frustrated sigh before rubbing her head.

"Yay!" She smiled.

I continue to rub her head while looking around me, the props I made were laying on the side. All of them are fine looking, which made myself proud of my work. Ron appeared in front of us out of the blue with a worried face.

"Y/N this is bad! We need your help!" He screamed.

"Help with what?" I asked.

"The play will be in two weeks, our props and everything else are now complete but the problem is the lead characters won't be able to play their part on that day!" He said.

"What does that have to do with me?" I asked.

"We want you and the girl to play the part!" He demanded.

".... No no no no no, never, I'm not gonna do it. Ask someone else, not me-"

"Me and Chibi accept it!!" She stated.

All colors seemed to have escaped my body, a look of distress was planted on my face.

"Why...?"

A moment had past, the three of us are now in the backstage as Ron starts to give us our respective roles and scripts for our practice in the next few minutes.

"So your role will be the Big Bad Wolf and as for the girl, her role will be Little Red Riding Hood, but I think white fits her better than red so let's go with that." Ron began to organize some things for our practice.

"Why do I have to be dragged in this?" I said the expression still plastered on my face.

"Chibi we can do this!!" She tried to motivate me.

"No... I hate you for agreeing on this." I said.

"Yay! Chibi loves me!" She cheered

"I never said that." I replied.

"Chibi! Praise me more!" She demanded.

"No, stay away from me." I gave her a cold glare.

But she wasn't fazed by it, I only took the script and walked away while reading it. As I was reading the plot of the play, I then noticed that the plot is a bit more different than the original plot of the story. Talk about originality, after a few moments, Ron disappeared and came back with our costumes.

"Now let our rehearsal commence!" He said.

"Oh yaaay...." I said in a plain dead manner.

..................

Von was currently sitting down against a wall beside a door that inside leads to the head of the organization's office. After the incident last week, he couldn't help but feel disappointed of himself that he failed his leader. Gideon came out of the office, with his left hand on his head. After closing the door, he noticed his subordinate sitting down with a worried look.

"Oi, get up there." Gideon said.

"Ah! B-b-boss! So how was the meeting with the leader?" Von got startled by his voice.

"It was normal. Though I ended up getting smacked on the head for failing our mission again. He said that this mission will be abandoned and we'll move on to the next. Anyway, what are you doing there?" Gideon asked his subordinate.

"Oh u-uh, I was just waiting for y- Hey don't leave me!!" He yelled the moment he saw Gideon walking away.

"Let's continue our talk in our room. I don't like talking in here." He said as he was being followed by Von.

The two of them arrived in their room, Sven was there sleeping on his bed with his head hanging from the side. Gideon only ignored him but Von moved his head back on the bed.

"You know you don't have to wait for me outside the office. Why are you waiting for me anyway?" He asked Von.

"It's because I was waiting for your punishment on me." He said looking down.

"Who said I'd give you one?" Gideon blandly looks at me.

"I'm sorry we failed the mission in the first place and dragged you into it! You wouldn't have gotten punished if we didn't failed it. I'm truly sorry boss!" Von started to apologize repeatedly at him.

"Stop with all the apologizing. I hate it when someone does that even if I don't need to. And it's not your fault that you and Sven failed on the first try, if it's anyone's fault it should be me." He explained.

"So.... you're not mad at us?" He asked.

"Oh I'm mad, but this is not the time for me to go shout on you two weaklings. I'm going to take a nap." Gideon later flopped on his bed and took a nap.

Von stares at Gideon for a moment before taking a deep sigh. He then proceeds to grab a book and head out of their room, taking a stroll around the headquarters.

"Hey there young lad, where is Gideon?" A man's voice called for Von.

"W-hu-huh?" Von got startled by the voice.

He turns around and was surprised to see the head of the organization, he immediately bowed and greeted him.

"Good afternoon to you sir! B-boss is currently taking a nap." He responded.

"Oh? That good for nothing boy, I still haven't finished talking to him and then he exited the office accidentally hitting his head on the wall." The boss sighed.

"So that's why he was holding his head and told me that lie..." Von mumbled.

"I'll talk to him later once he gets enough rest. Please take care of my boy will you, goodbye young lad." The boss then began walking away.

"Have a nice day sir!... huh.. I thought his dad was so scary... he's not bad at all.."