Chapter 34

"Are you sure you can walk properly now?" I asked the pest.

"Yesh! I can do it! Chibi doesn't have to carry Nixium anymore." She beams.

"All right, but don't overboard yourself. Wouldn't want to waste my time bandaging you again." I walked away.

"Aye!" I heard her say.

Entering the kitchen, I began to cook some sandwiches for our walk outside. Nixium has been bugging me all day that we should head out for a walk. I've been refusing it for many times until I gave in.

She watch me make the sandwiches in amazement. Her eyes are sparkling as she stares at the food that I'm making. Once I'm done, I wrapped them in plastic wrappers and input them in the basket neat me.

Turning towards Nixium, her face shows enthusiasm. She was too excited, sighing, I only rub her head and stepped out of the kitchen with the basket in my hand.

"You ready to go?" I looked at her and she nods in response.

We head towards the door and opened it before stepping outside, closing and and locking the door behind. The two of us walked down the stairs from the third floor to the ground floor. As we pass by the streets, we encounter some people walking as well.

A few meters in front of us we saw the two familiar cats that we've encountered from the last weeks. It was that stray cat that the pest refers to as Cat and the other one a gray cat that Luka owns.

Just as I had assumed, Nixium runs up to them and picked them up, hugging them afterwards. A blank expression was planted on my face as I stare at them.

"If Gray Cat is here.... then Luka must be here too!" She exclaimed.

"Perhaps." Is all I said.

"Meow." The gray cat starts to stare at me.

"Let's go back to walking." I said.

We continued our walk towards the nearest park with two new cats joining us. Minutes of walking had past, we finally arrived at the park. We took a walk around to search for a bench and later found one.

The two of us sat down with the two cats sitting down on Nixium's lap. I grab one of the sandwiches from the basket and gave it to her with the plastic wrap already removed. She began to eat as I watch her do so, the two cats got off from her lap and landed on the ground.

For some reason my thoughts led to me thinking about what she is, a half human. Recalling how Hitsugi mentioned that there are still some of them left in this era makes me want to know about her. From the looks of it, I think this pest isn't very much aware about everything else around us.

 From the looks of it, I think this pest isn't very much aware about everything else around us

"Hey..." I called for her.

"Huh?" She stops eating for a moment and looks at me.

"Did you have any family before all of this happened?" I asked.

"Fa.. mily?" She repeated.

"Yeah."

She seemed to think for a moment judging by her staring down at her sandwich. After quite a while she looks back up at me.

"Chibi is my family." She smiles.

"Oh.." My eyes were slightly wide.

So she had no one. A girl who is not even ten years old had no one to call a family until she showed up in my place. I'm surprised she even managed to survive out there, I guess I was really being harsh at her. Sighing, I grab one sandwich and began to eat it.

.........................

"Hey pops, are you still going to convince him to let you do it?" Gideon asked Zamiel.

"Yes I am, son. I had no choice, I wouldn't want to let that child experience such pain when people found out what she is. And I'm sure your brother will agree to this, he does care for her after all." He stated.

"From the looks of it, he might refuse." Gideon seemed worried.

"I'll do anything I can to convince him, we'll get this done as soon as possible." Zamiel took a puff from his cigarette.

"I may have not know him for quite a while but I do know how he behaves while I was planning on capturing the girl." Gideon began to walk towards the door.

"We'll see..." Zamiel stares through the window behind him.

Gideon opens the door and steps out before closing it behind. He heads his way towards his room where Sven and Von are. Once he entered inside, he flopped his body down on his bed and hugged his pillow.

"Something wrong boss?" Von asked him.

"Not really, just thinking about what pops had discussed with me." He responded.

"What's it about?" Sven asked.

"None of your business." Is his answer.

"Shucks." Von said.

"Oh well, at least this comic is nice." Sven blurted out.

In the church Hitsugi works at, Luka stands outside of it, staring at the bed of flowers. His face shows a calm expression and a small smile that may or may not make you feel soothed when you stare at him.

Hitsugi walks out of the church and stands a few meters behind him. Luka looks back at her and picks up a flower.

"This time, we shall determine wether he will change or not."