Chapter 28

I stood in front of the guy named Luka. Right now, were are in one of the abandoned areas in the city. I only came here because Hitsugi informed me that this guy wants to talk to me, the pest is currently with her in a nearby cafe. It was a moment of silence, I didn't like this awkward feeling so I break it by being the first one to speak between the two of us.

"So... what do you want from me?" I said while blankly gazing at him.

"Nothing much, I only wanted to see how you are doing at this fine moment." He gave off a warm smile as he pet the gray cat in his arms.

"Suuuure... is that all? If so, can I leave now." I asked.

I think I sounded rude there.

"Oh no, I still have something to ask you. Something about the girl's little secret." He said, still wearing that smile.

"Okay... go on." I told him.

"All right. The first thing I wanna ask you is, is there any other person who knows about Nixium's true identity?" He questioned.

"There's Ron, who is a friend of mine. And also those thugs who've kidnapped her for about two times. I don't know why they were after her, but I think it's related to what she is." I answered.

"So that's how it is... anyone else who knows about her?" He asked again.

"No, I think that's all of them." I said.

"Here's another question... are you willing to be her gaurdian?" He asked.

The question suddenly hit me. Me? Her gaurdian? I don't think I'll be accepting that kind of job, especially if it's the pest I'm looking after. Then again, she's been staying with me for months. She doesn't want to leave my place at all and when I'm attempting to chase her out she's only gonna come back.

"I'm not sure about that..." I said to him, sounding so unsure.

"I understand that you have some sort of problem around kids, you clearly don't want to get along with them." Luka shake his head for a bit.

"You're making it sound like I hate kids and don't want to be with them..." I said.

"Which it is." He let's out a small laugh.

"You're making me feel annoyed." I gave him a rather grim look.

"But in all seriousness, you shouldn't be a little too harsh on her. Since she's a homeless little girl who doesn't have any parents and is currently staying with you, I think she deserves something a little better. Like how I suggested to you after the play you've performed." He said.

"Hearing as how you know something about that pest makes me think you're related to her. Are you her gaurdian or something?" I asked, not aware that I'm completely changing the topic of the conversation.

"Me? Her gaurdian? That has certainly haven't occurred ever." He replied.

"Riiiight." I eyed him suspiciously.

"Chibiiii!!" We suddenly heard a voice nearby.

Second later, the pest suddenly appeared and jumped between me and Luka. Both of us were surprised by this and didn't know how to react. She then spread her arms in a protective manner while she looks up at Luka.

"Don't take Chibi away from Nixium!!" She shouted.

Luka only stared at her for a bit before raising his hand. The pest suddenly started to have teary eyes, which made me uncomfortable and speechless.

 The pest suddenly started to have teary eyes, which made me uncomfortable and speechless

"Nuuuu!! Pleeease." She then hugged Luka.

" She then hugged Luka

"Uh.. what is she talking about?" I asked, out of the blue.

I look at Luka only to see him facing the side while covering his mouth, his face is slightly red too.

"Excuse me.... apologies, I had some problem speaking." He said between coughs.

"You don't need to lie.. I know why you did that." I blankly stare at him.

"Nixium, you don't need to worry. I'm not taking your friend away from you." Luka then picked her up.

"I am not her friend." I said.

"Really?" She began to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Yes, now how about the two of us have a walk. I want to show you something." Luka then carried her in his arms and started to walk away.

"Uuhh, where are you guys going? Hey!" I called for them.

"Oh, I guess she's already with Luka." Hitsugi suddenly appeared.

"Care to explain why did that pest ran here and said those stuff?" I asked her.

"Ohh, that? Well I explained to her what you and Luka were doing here but I guess she took it the wrong way and thought he's taking you away from her." She said while carrying a coffin.

"I see.... why do you have a coffin with you?" I pointed at the object.

"This? I occasionally bring it along with me." Hitsugi tapped the coffin.

"You're weird..."

...................

"So how are you doing with staying with Y/N? You two seem to not get along well." Luka asked Nixium as they walk around the area.

"Nixium is doing great with Chibi! And we do get along! Chibi is just shy when me is around." Nixium stated, in a proud way.

"Are you helping him feel better when he's not feeling well?" He asked.

"Yesh! Me gives him head pats! Like this! Pat pat." She then proceeded to pat Luka by his outfit two times.

"Oh... I see... well, that's interesting." Luka's face suddenly went red again.

"Yesh!"

A gray cat then appears in front of them, the moment Nixium saw the cat she goes and grabs him. She hugs him and Luka smiled at the sight.

"I can let him stay with you when I'm not around so he won't be lonely. How's that sound?" Luka asked her.

"Good idea!! Now Cat won't be lonely anymore as well!" Nixium smiled.

"Cat...?"