-5-

max
I hastily got ready for school and frantically looked for my green hoodie until I realized the night before I had lent it to jane who never gave it back. "well maybe I'll see her at school" I said as I got my skateboard and skated to school.

"I heard mike dumped her without any reason", I overheard a girl say as I walked down the halls and to my locker. I then realized that was why jane was crying and I felt bad for her but she deserved better than mike. Will was there looking extremely happy which was not the case yesterday when I met him.

"hey" I said looking at him.

"hi max, how was the rest of your first day of school yesterday?" he asked curiously.

"It was okay until I ran into mike who was being an asshole" I said rolling my eyes.

"oh well maybe he had a reason"

I furrowed my eyebrows because just yesterday will was basically hating his guts, "nah I'm pretty sure he's just a natural asshole I heard he broke up with jane." I chose not to mention the moment last night I shared with jane because it was nothing and I didn't know will super well.

"you don't know him like I do and maybe they weren't a good match, maybe he found someone better" will blushed raising his voice a little but it was still small and not at all intimidating.

I raised my eyebrows wondering what his deal was but it was none of my business really. "okay I'm sorry."

"no it's fine max I should be sorry a lot happened yesterday" he said and then the first bell rang, "well I'll see you at lunch" he smiled weakly then went to class.

I watched him walk off and wondered what the hell was going on. I rushed to first period and took a seat sighing. 5 minutes past the bell and jane walked in taking a seat next to me. My heart skipped a beat as I looked at her...she was wearing my hoodie and it looked good on her.

"hey..did I miss anything?"

"n-no" I said not realizing I was stuttering and blushing.

"you okay?"

I'm fine I'm fine just falling for you which is definitely gonna be a problem.

I gulped then nodded looking at her as she smiled then turned to the teacher in the front of class. She seemed fine considering she had just been dumped and how much she was crying last night. All class long I tried so hard not to look at her because that would make me seem super weird and creepy.

jane

Everyone must've found out about mike dumping me so I wouldn't be surprised if max was staring at me. I must seem like such a freak, the popular girl getting dumped. She seemed so cool and careless I even admired her style and how she rode on a skateboard. I planned on giving her hoodie back today but for some reason I wanted to keep it just for a little longer.

The bell rang and I stood up collecting my things looking over at max as she swung her red hair over her shoulder.

"hey you still have my hoodie" she giggled looking at me as I turned red.

"oh god I'm sorry I meant to give it back I forgot" I said blushing more and took it off handing it to her.

"it's fine I would've been okay without it you can keep it if you want besides you looked better in it anyways" we both blushed this time.

"really? are you sure you don't want it?"

"keep it" she said smiling and walked off leaving me, a blushing mess.

This damn hoodie.