-7-

max
as much as I wanted to tell jane why mike dumped her, I promised will I wouldn't tell anyone, besides it wasn't my place to tell her that her ex boyfriend really was in love with a boy.

jane...I wondered where she is the last time I saw her was earlier in class. My eyes wandered over to the brunette beauty in my hoodie a table across from me.

"oh my gosh jane where did you get that hoodie, it matches your completion so well" a girl asked.

"um...I got it from the mall" jane told the girl. why did she lie? I gave it to her last night because she was cold, I then realized it was the same reason I never told will. did that mean last night...meant something?

jane
"um..I got it from the mall" I explained to my friend britney as I quickly spotted max sitting a table over, I don't really know why I didn't tell britney that max had given it to me last night. I had already told her about mike dumping me. I just didn't wanna tell her about max.

Before lunch ended I grabbed my tray of food and walking to the garbage walked right into someone who had accidently spilled the tray all over me.

"gosh do people ever watch where they're going here" I exclaimed

"i am so sorry jane...I didn't mean to do that, are you okay?" I looked up to notice it was max standing there with her hand out to help me up.

"i'm fine" I looked over to my friends and straighten up looking at max, "actually i'm not, you spilled my lunch all over me and this is a very expensive hoodie, so I expect you to pay for its dry cleaning or buy me a new one" I quickly said scolding her.

she looked at me with a hurt and confused, "it's actually my hoodie" max mumbled.

"um..says who? jane bought it from the mall herself so you better pay for it, i'm sure it was really expensive" britney said from the table. "also I heard what you did yesterday running into her with your skateboard so not cool, I wouldn't be surprised if you were the reason mike dumped her" britney continued looking at max

max looked from me to britney tears brimming her eyes as she ran off out of the cafeteria. I felt my heart sink I was such a bitch.

"britney, seriously?"

"what? I was just trying to help, she's such so trashy and poor anyways"

I glared at her as I ran off towards max into the bathroom.

"max?" I called out until I heard a sob from a stall and opened the door to find the redhead sitting on the floor head on knees crying.

"go away"

"i'm sorry, I didn't mean to be such a bitch"

she looked up at me, "really? because you seem really two- sided first you act like a bitch when I first meet you next you let me give you my hoodie and being all nice to me this morning and now we're back to where we started"

I sat on the bathroom floor in front of her, "look, i've never really had real friends until I met you, and my friends aren't really my friends they're assholes, honestly,  judging everyone all the time, I can never be myself with them."

"then why don't you just leave them"

"I don't know"

"why did you tell them you got the hoodie from the mall?"

I looked down suddenly interested in my shoelaces.

"whatever." she rolled her eyes and got up brushing past me.

"max...wait!" I said running into the hallway but she was already gone. "fuck."