-8-

max

"leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
wuthering Heights"

"max? MAX!" a tug on my headphones brought me out of the only escape I had from reality, music. I look up to see mike, of all people. 

"what are you doing here?" I ask looking at him furrowing my eyebrows.

"well, I saw what happened in the cafeteria I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"uh, last I recall you told me to stay away from you and your girlfriend"

"ex girlfriend and people can change look max I think we got off on the wrong foot and i'm sorry for being an asshole"

"I don't believe you"

mike looked at me with a pleading face, "please max?"

"why the hell would I trust you or be your friend?"

"look, I'm not saying we have to be friends but it would be nice to have someone, because pretty much the whole school hates me now"

I frown and look at him annoyed, "I think you gave them a good reason to"

"you don't even know the whole story"

"about that..."

"wait what, then why are you being an ass to me"

"hey! just because you dumped jane for will doesn't make it okay the way you did it you should've told her"

"I was confused...I doubt you know what its like"

I feel blush creeping up my neck and I stay quiet, "no I don't" I lie thinking of jane.

mike rolls his eyes, "why are you defending her anyways, after what happened"

"because that's what girls do for other girls" I make up another lie

"okay..."

"you are such a difficult person you know"

"likewise"

I smugly smile at him, "well how about a game of dig dug?"

"ok you're on and i'm inviting my boyfriend- uh" he clears is throat nervously "I mean will-to cheer me on"

I smirk, "smooth one wheeler but that won't stop me from telling him"

"ok I'm so beating you"