★Chapter 4★

*Fran POV*

Oh God! That was SO embarassing! Next time we have to be more careful! I mean, it could be Violetta instead of Gregorio! That would be terrible! She can't find out like this! I have to prepare her before I tell her. But not now. Now I'm going to enjoy my date with Diego.

I start thinking about where we could go when someone bumps into me.

Violetta: "Fran! I've been looking for you everywhere! Hurry up! We have to go!"

Me: " What? Vilu wait! Where are we going?!"

Violetta: "Fran! Today, Roxy and Fausta have practice in Leon's garage remember?!"

Me: "Oh no..I totally forgot! But I can't I already have some plans.."

Violetta: "What plans? Fran, you don't have any plans! Don't make excuses. I know you're not happy about the 'Roxy and Fausta' thing but I reeeeaaaly need you!! Pleeaase? "

She looks at me with her puppy big brown eyes and I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm sure Diego is already waiting for me at the park.

Fran: "How do you know I don't have any plans?"

Violetta: "Well..it's Friday and everyone's going out with his other, better half..Cami and Broduey are in the cinema and Maxi went with Naty to the Rock Bones practice. And it's not like you have a boyfriend or anything..well at least what I know haha!"

She winks at me and starts laughing.

Me: "Yeeeaah..of course I don't!"

I laugh nervously.

What am I doing?! This is perfect chance to tell her the truth!

Me: "Eehmm..actually Vilu...I have to tell you something.."

Violetta: "Yes Fran, but can't it wait? We are already so late! We have to go! You can tell me after practice okay? Okay. Let's go change!"

Me: "But-"

I try to say something but before I can answer her, she is already half way to the lockers. I sigh and follow her.

***

When we arrive to Leon's garage, the boys singing their song 'Salta'. When Leon notices us he stop singing and comes to us.

Leon: "Hi Roxy! Hey Fausta.."

Violetta: "Hi Leon! What's up guyyzz?"

Leon: "I almost thought you won't come today. I couln't wait to see you again!"

Violetta: "Yeeeeaaah..well now you see me.. Anyway ehmm.. Fausta! Let's practise."

Me: "Okay."

I sit down take my guitar and start playing song Violetta wrote recently. It's called 'Underneath it all' and it's a really beautiful song. Violetta starts singing and all the boys are stunned by her beautiful voice. Leon the most. .he looks like he's in some kind of trans where he can't move, just staring at Violetta, amazed by her voice. It comes to the part where I join and sing with her when my phone starts ringing. Everybody's look at me and I smile nervously. I look at my phone over the shoulder to see who's calling me.

Oh no..it's Diego..how could I forget to text him?! You're so stupid Francesca! It happened for the second time! I'm gonna have to call him right after we finish the song.

When the song ends I quickly get up and grab my phone. I'm just about to run outside and call Diego back but Vilu is faster than me and stand in my way.

Violetta: "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Me: "Sure Roxy, let's just go outside.. we'll be right back boys!"

We go outside and I notice she looks angry. Why the hell is she angry?!

Violetta: "Fran?! What are you doing? Where were you going? "

Me: "I just needed to pick up the call that's all! What's the big deal Vilu?!"

Violetta: "Nothing! You're just making me nervous!"

Me: " I'm making you nervous?!"

Violetta: "YES! Because you're nervous yourself! And it's contagious! Who was calling you anyway? Is that why are you so nervous? Because of the call?"

Me: "Whaaat? No! No.. I'm not nervous you're just imagining stuff.."

I try to make careless laugh but I know Violetta's not gonna buy it..she knows me too well..

Violetta: "Okay. So if I'm just 'imagining stuff' then you can tell me who's calling you.."

She point at my phone which is ringing again.

Me: "It's just...uhmm...it's..it's my ..MOM! yeah..she's calling me becauseeee...my..grandma...she's ill! Yes, she's very ill..she's in hospital and my mom keeps updating me on how is she.."

Oh no..not another lies..what I just did? Why am I lying all the time?

Violetta: "Oh..Fran..why didn't you tell me? You're my best friend! You can tell me EVERYTHING! You know that don't you? Come here!"

She hugs me and I just feel so guilty. I can't even look her in the eyes when she pulls away.

Violetta: "I can go to the hospital with you!"

Me: "NO!! I mean..no..she's actually in Italy so.."

Violetta: "Oh.. that must be even harder for you. I'm so sorry I yelled at you! If I knew I would.."

Me: "It's okay really! Don't worry about it.. uhm..if you don't mind I should probably go.."

Violetta: "Sure! Of course! I'll go probably too. Let's just say bye to the boys."

I sigh with relief when she goes back to the garage. I look at my phone. Eight missed calls and three messages from Diego. DAMN! I open the messages:

Diego: Fran, where are you? Xx D.

Diego: Hellooo??!! Why are you not answering any of my calls?!

Diego: Okay. Fine. Whatever.

Oh no..I text him straight away:

Me: I'm so sorry!!! I was stuck in 'Roxy and Fausta's world'. Give me 10 minutes! I'll be right there! Xx kisses F.

I throw my phone back to my bag and run to the Studio to change.