Chapter 6

It was the end of the day, and I knew this was our usual time to meet up and have lunch. I tried so hard not to cry.

I got to my car and breathed.

*RINNGGGGGG*

"Hello?"

"Please come. please!"

"Riley I told you I have other plans." I Freaked out at that moment because knowing Riley, she would figure out I didn't.

"Oh yeah? With who?"

"Well first I have to pick up Sophie, take her to Dillians (Her boyfriend of 8 months) and then I'm going shopping, with Lucy."

Riley hated Lucy because she stole the big trophy in 8th grade for cup soccer. She never played again.

"First of all, Sophie's cheer practice doesn't end till 5:30, Dillian is out of town, and you were telling me two days ago about how much you hate Lucy. Just meet us at Chickies!"

She hung up. I turned on my car and drove to Chick Fil A. I walked in to see Preston, Riley, Conner, And of course, Devin.

"LOVEDAAAY IS HEREEE!" Screamed Conner.

"Hey guys." I said quietly. Devin pulled me on to his lap and kissed my cheek.

"what the hell Dev!"

He laughed and let me go. Sadly the only seat was one right next to him. Why didn't Riley or Preston freak out!?

"So how's everything Hails?"

Everyone was looking at me very closely.

"It's.. good? Why do you ask?"

"Well you wanted to ditch your best friends in the world so you must of some virus running through your body." Riley exclaimed.

I didn't say anything.

"Who wants to go order?" Asked Conner.

"Here is three will go. What do you guys want?" Preston said pointing at me and Devin.

"Actually I'll go with you guys." I got up and started walking with them until down pulled me on to his lap and wrapped his arms around me. Oh how muscler they were.

"We will catch up later."

Preston, Conner and Riley walked away, and it was just me and Devin.

he Barried his face into my warm neck.

"You smell good" He said to me.

"What are you doing Devin?"

"Yikes you only call me my whole name when your either sad, mad, or worried."

I tried getting up but his grip tightened.

"come on Dev let me go."

"Not until you tell me what's going on."

"I'm not going to talk about this here."

"then your coming to my house tonight. No ones gonna be home, we can talk about this, and then order Chinese and watch a movie."

all of what he said sounded amazing, how could I say no?

"Fine."

"Good."

I tried getting up again. But he was still holding on to me.

"you can let me go now."

"But I like to hold you."

Those words made my heart go faster, and it was getting intense. I loved his attention. I craved more of it, so I did nothing to stop it, only I flirted back. I turned around so I was side ways on his lap and grabbed his face and kissed his nose.

He smiled big and I could tell tonight was gonna be good.

"um hey guys." Shit did they see that. I looked down at Devin to see if he was mad but he just kept smiling at me. I let out a little smile as well.

We ate our food and then left Chickies.

"Reeves, Wanna come over and chill with me Conner and Dev? Hails you can come to." Preston said.

"Hey actually man I'm gonna steal Hailey away from you guys but you guys have fun." Devin said proudly. He put his arm around me and hugged me while looking at them. I hugged back.

The feel of his muscler back and his smell was intoxicating.

"Is there something going on between you guys?" Preston asked with a little anger in his tone.

"can't I hang out with my best friend?" Devin jokes. Preston sighed and walked off with the other two. Once they were gonna, Devin turned me to face him.

"Alright, so, I know Dillans brother pretty well, and I'm sure Sophia wouldn't mind if he picked her up. So your gonna come to my house now, okay?" He smiled down at me and I instantly put my hands on his chest. Where did that come from? Why did I do it?

"Sounds good." I said smiling. All he did was grow his smile even bigger.

"Um can you take me to your house? My mom took the car today when we were at chick Fil a so I sort of need a ride."

"Yeah come on."

the car ride was awkward. We just listened to music.

Once we got to his house, we walked in and set out stuff down. I was scared for how this was gonna go.

"Come with me." He said lightly. He grabbed me hand and took me up stairs. I loved this. I couldn't control myself. I squealed his hand a little tighter. As soon as I knew it, we were in his room. It was huge, and clean? I like it.

"Lay on my bed okay?"

"Okay." I lay on anyone's bed if they offered. It was warm and cozy and smelled like him.

He came over to me and didn't pull me out, instead he laid beside me under the covers. for some reason I didn't move. It wasn't awkward.

He got closer and closer and soon our faces were just inches apart. I stared into his eyes while he smiled at me.

"So pretty lady, let's talk." Pretty lady? How was he not scared to do this?