Chapter 14

•Sunday Morning•

I woke up at 11:34 and went downstairs to greet my sister and mom.

"Where's mom?" But only to find that it was only my sister.

"Work called her in. she's not too happy." I was a little mad because Sunday's were family day and we always watched the bronco game and ate a bunch of food. But now with her work calling her in all the time; we never had family time.

I sighed and walked back to my room. I laid on my bed and got on Instagram. I started scrolling threw until I stopped and found a picture of Riley, Devin, and Preston, arms around each other and Devin and Riley were hugging. The caption read: Best night with my best pals.❤️

What! What did they do? How come I wasn't invited? Oh yeah, Devin and I are done and Riley hates me now.

I called Riley but no answer. Then I took a dare and called Devin and he answer.

"Hello?" He sounded wide awake.

"Are you asking for me back? Because if you are its a no." He said still sounding happy.

"um no I didn't, I didn't at all. I was calling to see if your with Riley?" He laughed a little.

"Look I know I sleep with people but never with her. She left at 10 last night with Preston and I went home right after." He said still laughing.

"Preston and her broke up?"

"No they didn't?"

"Yes they did she called me crying."

"Hahahaha oh yeah, that. That was a lie. We were just messing with you." Tears staring rolling down my face.

"I have to go."

"Wait wait Hails. Please don't go."

I hung up. He was drunk. As soon as he was sober he would realize what he was doing and I didn't feel like getting involved with him.

I got in my car and drove. Where was I going? Riley's? nope. Prestons.

•20 minutes later•

*Ding dong*

He answers the door minutes later.

"Hey hails. come on in."

"Thanks." I smiled a fake smile.

"Yeah. what's up?" We sat on his couch.

"Look, this is weird. Riley is pissed at me and said that you and her broke up. But I called Devin about an hour ago and he said that was a trick. I know me and Devin broke up and stuff but why would you lie to me about they?"

"What are you talking about? We did break up." I froze.

"Okay Preston you know I'm already confused please just clarify things. Are you drunk?" I asked.

"What! no. Hailey oh my gosh I'm telling you the truth. Alright here's the low down, Me and Riley broke up, we never got back together. Devin asked her out last night, and they are together. She talked a ton of shit about you, and Devin even agreed. I'm so sorry Hails." I didn't cry. I wasn't even hurt. I knew this would happen.

"Um your okay?" He asked confused.

"Yep" I said with a smile.

"You and me are gonna date." I said clearly.

"Woah what?"

"Well not really but. we're gonna get back at them okay? Me and you are gonna kiss hug all that jazz that couples do, but around them. I'm gonna pretend I never heard anything about What Riley said and we're all gonna hang out tonight at Her house."

I got up and left

"Text Me if you have any questions." I said walking out the door.

•1 hour before Devins house•

what was I even going to wear? I was flipping out. Until I got a text.

*Group message*

Devin: Don't meet at my house, were meeting at Rio, the food place.

Preston: Okay, that's a nice one right?

Devin: Yeah, everyone dress up.

Riley: Okay

Devin: 7:30.

Really!! I was just about to put sweats on! Ugh.

"Hey hun." My mom called out behind my door.

"Come in." I yelled. She came in with a beautiful black dress and a late of high heeled boots that had lace and strings all over. It was amazing.

"Mom where on earth did you get that?" I said happily.

"Oh no where. Here, try it on. Show me when your done." She walked out.

I slipped the dress on and the shoes. She gave me a box too. It held a pair of dangly hoop earrings that were silver and a necklace that would cover my chest. It was beautiful. I was ready. I curled my hair and left it loose. It went down to my butt so it looked nice curled.

"You look so beautiful hun." My mom said.

"Thanks, I'm leaving. Love you!"

"Oh wait here's money. Love you."

She gave me $200. What was going on? Whatever I liked it. I got in my car and started driving to the place.