The Past

Year X765

Y/N pov

I was abandoned by my parents at age four somewhere between the forests and the mountains. When I woke up I was alone, "hello, anyone there" I said a little scared. Just then I heard a loud roar come from a cave not far from me. Me being a stupid nieve kid walked toward the loud noise. Once I arrived where the loud noise was I had seen something odd. A cave sealed of with a bunch of glowing iron bars. 'Very strange' I thought. I walked up to the cage and looked inside and saw nothing but darkness.

"Child what are you doing here all alone" a loud voice that sounded like a dragon said.

"I was left all alone" I said to the Dragon. Then being curious I walked a little closer. There was what looked like a large black dragon with torn wings, red eyes, lots of cuts around its body. You looked at him with a sad expression.

" Do not look at me like that it will heal in a couple minutes" the dragon said in an annoyed tone. Then he looked like he had an idea. "Child if you can get me out of this cage I will teach you magic that no other can beat."

" Ok, and the name is Y/N not child" I snapped at the dragon. "What do I have to do?" I asked. " Wait I'm guessing I have to break this spell on these bars." The dragon looks at me surprised.

"How did you know that" the dragon asked.

"I may be young but I know a lot about magic seals and stuff that is bound by magic" I said proud. I should know what to do 'I have to find out which spell to use' I thought to myself (chants a random spell.) I walked away from the cage fairly quickly. As the dragon bursts out of the cave and into the moonlight.

"Thank you Y/N now it is my turn to pay up, I will make you strong but it will not be easy, are you ready." he said certain that I would say yes.

"I accept" I said with a proud smile

X769 years later

"Hey dad what am I learning today" I asked the dragon curious. I then looked at my father to see him with a sad expression. "Hey dad what's wrong you look sad" I said concerned.

"Y/N our training will end after we do this spell, but once we do you won't age anymore." he said sad.

"What does the spell do?" I asked a little scared

"At the beginning you will feel a lot of pain enough to make your heart stop. Then you wish with all your might to live." he said.

When he finished explaining I nodded so we could start. When we started it started small but later on it hurt a lot. ''it feels like I'm dying.' It felt as if my heart was stopping it hurt so much. The whole time I kept thinking 'I don't want to die, I don't want to die.'Once it ended I opened my eyes.

"You passed" he said happily.

"Great, I feel like there's a catch to this spell though." Just as I said that it felt like I hadn't eaten in years. "You will have to eat your element more than all the other dragon slayers" he said. "When will this hunger go away" I said dispirit.

"Once you eat these" he says as he sets some dead animal bones in front of you.

"death is your element" he said to me. I looked down and then I said "can I die" I said kinda nervous.

"No" he said bluntly.

"Oh ok" I said calming down. What will people think of me when I show them my magic. "What will people think of me" I asked him more scared than nervous.

"They will probably be scared until they get to know you. All you have to do is believe in them to change" he said confidently.

"Ok" I said a little sad.

"Time for bed Y/N" he said.

The following morning

As I was waking up I looked around looking trying to find dad. "Dad this isn't funny, where are you?" I said crying. So once I stopped crying I went to town to look for someone to either point in the direction to where my dad was so I could find him and ask him why he left. I kept asking around no one knew anything.

"Where is he."

That's when something happened that I didn't want to happen. Someone tried so bump me at full strength, but failed instead they fell on their ass. "What are you?" he said in a harsh tone. That was enough to make me run. As soon as I was clear of people I looked around for something to eat. I came across a dead animal.

"Still has meat on it" I said to myself starved. I then went over to start eating, it was enough surprisingly. That's when a thought came to mind 'I should take the bones with me.'