Life and Death

WARNING WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A MESSED UP PART IN THIS STORY, SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE!!!

Y/N Pov

"Ok Natsu I'll tell you It was a long long time ago when I was only 12.

X774 (This is still when your heart was not working)

I was 12 years old I thought I walked everywhere around Fiore but I didn't even scratch the surface of it. "I'm tired need to rest," I said as I found a thick forest and walked far into the dense woods. I started setting up camp for the night, I am gathering up wood to start a fire so I can cook some meat I found earlier. For some reason I am finding a bunch of dead animals I wonder what's going on. As soon as I started the fire and started cooking the meat all the trees around me started dying, 'weird' I thought as I looked around. Then I saw a man in dark robes crying and just walking along a path of dead trees. "Hey you" I yelled trying to get his attention. 

Zeref's POV

I was walking in a forest with the trees dying as I walked around.  'This curse sucks' that's when I heard it. "Hey you over there in the black robes" I looked over to see a girl around the age of twelve, she was wearing a torn T-shirt, slightly torn pants and a couple cuts until I see them heal. 'Interesting how is she healing herself without using magic and how she's not being affected by my curse, what is this?' I thought a bit confused.

"Hey buddy why are you staring at me," she said in a grumpy tone. 

She looked to be eating what looked a leg from some sort of an animal but what caught me off guard was once she finished the meat on the bone instead of throwing it away she ate the bone. "Um hello how you" I said this being the first person I have spoken to in a looooong time. 

"Good you look lonely would you like some." But I cut her off by saying, "I don't want to intrude on your meal" but she countered with "It's fine I see another corpse over there anyway," she said pointing to a dead crow on the ground, 'figures it's dead' I thought staring at the corpse.

"Um ok thank you" I said wondering why she's not scared. "I was wondering how are you not being affected by my curse. Everything I care about dyes around me even people so why are you not being affected?" I said really wanting to know the answer.

"Maybe it's because I'm already considered dead because my heart doesn't work" she sounded happy about that. "Oh ok just asking" then after awhile my face became a look of disbelief 'WAIT WHAT!!!' I screamed in my head.

She was looking at me like I was taking this information better than all the other people she told. "Anyway my name is Zeref what is yours" I asked and for some reason she looked sad did I say something wrong. 

"They called me a walking corpse in one village, are you sure you want to have a friend like that" she said looking as if she was maybe gonna cry, "well if you do the name is Y/N nice to meet you would you like to join me on my adventure." she asked so nicely. But then again I could probably provide dead animals to eat. 

She then snapped me out of it by giving me what looked like a piece of a cow's heart. She was smiling hoping I would like it. I just looked at it but I didn't want to be mean, 'it doesn't even look cooked' I thought just staring at it "uh thanks" is all I said.

Time skip a couple of months 

Y/N POV 

Me and my first ever friend Zeref were walking around a town, he told me that he has been alive  for hundreds of years and that I was his first ever friend. If I could be happy I would be, I slowly discovered over time after my dad left and after that spell I was slowly losing all my emotions, and it is hell. I had taught him how to cope with that said burden. 'Huh me teaching something to a guy that is hundreds of years older than me never would have thought that would happen.'  

We just exited the town when I felt like I was dying over and over again and I know what this means, this started last year. "Zeref can you please do something for me" I ask in the most sincere way possible.

"Sure what is it?" he asks.

"R-run please" as the darkness returned. Leaving me alone.

Zeref POV

She said to run why. My thoughts were interrupted by a scythe in my stomach. I looked at my friend to find not her but something else, not human but death itself. 

"I am probably going to die that's what reapers do" I said to it. With the scythe in my stomach I felt weird oddly enough I was glowing then I heard, "goodbye friend if I die I will see you in the next life," the voice said to Zeref.

I felt like crying.

Y/N pov

I woke up alone I sort of remember what happened this time. "Zeref is gone so it must have killed him I hope he doesn't have any family out there it would be sad for them, not like I can feel that anymore so I should just keep going.

I stood up and started walking toward the next town to find some food down the road, good thing Zeref had money on him after he disappeared. 

one year later

I decided to get a job at a hospital I'm a nurse. I think this is the only thing I didn't do in the one year I have been here I had made sure I wasn't close to anyone I had no friends only coworkers. Since I had lost the last of my emotions last month it feels like I'm running on autopilot. Today as a nurse I was to help with a delivery yes that kind I don't know how it will go with the whole reaper thing. I should go to a library to look for a book on it. I was about to go to deliver a baby I am following every direction given without complaint well because I didn't really know what I was doing. Once the baby was delivered it was crying I have learned how to fake emotions so I just did an emotionless smile. The doctor gave me the baby after cleaning and wrapping it in the blanket then once I received the child to give to the parents. 'I told them it wasn't a good idea to let me do this I tried to leave but they said they still needed me, I thought this was a bad idea' I thought almost angry I can still feel that emotion. I was given the job to give the baby to the parents once I received it the child stopped breathing 'wtf' just happened everyone was also wondering what happened I give it the nurse right beside me and told them to do it and walked out of the room. 

My shift was done the exact moment I gave that child to the nurse. when I clocked out to go home, I walked outside and heard crying from inside. "DANG IT!!" I yelled as I punched a dumpster denting it and sending it flying. 'I am definitely fired maybe go to prison for something I didn't know what could happen, time to move well after I get my final paycheck' I thought with not a single tear. 

Present time with Natsu and Y/N

"That was my teenage years, I got fired the following morning along with being given my final paycheck, I kinda liked that job but, yea" I said to my girlfriend well I hope anyway. 'I hope she doesn't hate me now' I thought. Then I looked at her crying, 'good sad not mad, phew.'