4

1 day before the meeting

"C'mon y/n you have to go!" Sadie says from behind me as we're walking to the locker rooms for p.e.

This is 4th period the second to last period we have of the day.

"No Sadie! That's my final answer" I roll my eyes at her and we enter the locker.

"Please! Your mom already said yes so we should go!" She pleaded.

Oh yeah, she asked my mom already and she said yes, so that's always fun.

"Do I have to go?" I whined tired of her nagging.

"Yes! He said we should all go" she said jumping up and down already excited.

"Fine, but on one condition!" I say and wait for her to stop squealing "Ash and leo do not go!"

"Deal!" She said after a couple seconds "why don't you want them to go though?" She asked

"It's not them honestly, it's just I don't feel comfortable surrounding them with so much negitivity"

"Well that's fair enough"

Back at home***

Well I guess it's time to start packing, I should just take one pair of clothes but knowing Sadie we won't be there for one day.

Knowing that i asked my teachers to give me all assignments for the next week or maybe two just to be safe.

They asked what for and I explained so they gladly handed me a stack load of work.

When it comes to Sadie we don't play games.

As I was packing my phone rang.

Incoming FaceTime call..

I answered it and set it down.

"Hey Ash!" I greeted folding and rolling my clothes.

"So you're going?" He asked.

"Yeah.. sadly, I'm sorry you guys aren't, it's just.."

"Yeah, don't worry i completely understand!" He smiled "I don't know about leo though, he really wanted to wrestle crocadiles"

I laughed and shook my head, "I'll have to talk to him later, I have to finish packing because we leave tomorrow at 11pm"

"Alright bye y/n/n I'll talk to you tomorrow" he smiles and i hang up.

*The next day*

"Hey Mom!" I say running inside to get my luggage.

"Hey sweetie how was school?" She screams and I come down with my luggage, some chapstick and just anything I'd need.

"It was great, I have to go now though, bye I love you!!"

"I love you too! Take care of yourself" she calls out from the door.

Sadies car was there and she was popping out, "hey Mom!!" She calls out to my mom and we all smile.

We make our way to the airport and stop by to get some snacks first, I know how long the wait is gonna be before we board.

"So are you excited?" Sadie asks stuffing her mouth with Takis.

"For sure...." I say sarcastically.

"Come on, at least try to have fun" she smiles at me.

"I know it's gonna be hell, so why try?" I gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Oh shut up! And fix your attitude the universe is listening to you." She gives me a look but smiles to show she's not completely mad at me.

Hours pass by of us just waiting, walking around and sitting on random places bored out of our minds before out flight is finally called.

We get our luggage and make our way to the plane.

"Wow, how exciting" Sadie exclaims.

"Why are you so excited?" I laugh but also ask genuinely interested.

"Just cause, it's exciting dude!"

"Yeah for you" I almost scoff.

We enter the plane and sit on our seats, sadly we got a seat apart. She was behind me and I was in front. There were two people besides me and I was in the middle.

The person on the left of me wasn't here yet and I didn't really pay any mind to them when they arrived. I just noticed they were a guy.

I gave him a quick side glance and went "oop" I pulled my phone out and already had a message from Sadie.

Sads: bro, there's a cute dude on this plane.

Sads: I hope he sits near us haha

Sads: OMG he's coming our way, dude he's so cute wtf!

Sads: AHH HES SITTING NEXT TO YOU YOU LUCKY RAT!

Sads: Get his number for me

Sads: Talk to him!

sads: OPEN THE MESSAGES!

I chuckle to myself and text him back.

I was just gonna text you about that

Sads: well go on! Talk to him :))

I turned back to look at her and she was giving me a devilish little grin.

"Rat" I say to her but the dude besides me thinks otherwise.

"Um" He says looking taken aback and uncomfortable. I quickly shake my head and chuckle nervously.

"Oh my gosh! Not you I'm so sorry! I meant my friend who's sitting behind you" I mentally slap myself.

"Oh," he chuckles still nervous "it's fine haha"

"So, you're going to Florida huh?" I ask him and he looks at me, his eyes are a really light brown color.

"Yeah, you too?"

"Yeah, I don't really want to go but my friend here dragged me along" I say Indicating towards Sadie. He chuckles slightly and glances back at Sadie who's currently looking down at her phone texting away with a big smile.

"Why don't you wanna go?" He asks.

"Well, it's just the environment I'm gonna be in isn't the best" I laugh and he doesn't question anymore seeming to notice I don't want to go in depth.

"What about you? Why are you going to Florida?" I ask, he looks around my age.

"Ah, just to visit my mom and the family farm" he says.

"There's farms in Florida?" I ask stupidly.

"Well where I live yes" he laughs. "So how old are you?"

"Um 17 and you?"

"Oh I'm 17 too" he smiles slightly. "And your friend back there?"

"She's 17 too" I laugh.

"And turning 18 next April" she winks butting into the conversation. He chuckles and they stare at each other for a moment.

Um what the fuck.