Chapter Twenty-Three - Gabbie's POV

Chapter 23

Gabbie’s POV:

I can’t take it anymore.

Ever since I posted that stupid video, I’ve gotten so much hate. Bec took my phone, but I couldn’t stop refreshing my twitter feed on my laptop.

Slut.

Bitch.

Ugly.

Worthless.

Untalented.

Disgusting.

Unworthy.

The insults jumped from the screen, still discernible through my tear-filled eyes. I gasped when I saw photos of me, scribbled over, trashed, burned and photo-shopped.

Why did people do this? What was wrong with them?

How can they hate me… when they don’t even know me?

Did they not see that I was human, just like them? They could get noticed by their idol if they tried hard enough; I wasn’t expecting Niall’s tweet, it was pure luck!

Die

Kill yourself

Waste of space

The list continues – a never ending selection of horrific words that cut me right to the heart and made me want to go somewhere I would never have to face anybody ever again.

Oh no.

I could feel it; I was slipping back into depression, into the black hole that was almost impossible to escape from. I had managed it twice, but I was practically certain I couldn’t be third time lucky. Even my amazing friends couldn’t want to stick by me, now that there was so much proof that I was useless, a crime to humanity and a big disappointment.

As I almost manically clicked through the new tweets, thousands arriving by the second, I cried into my pillow.