⁰², MYSTERY GIRL

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter two; Mystery Girl
Charming as ever, Gerard. "

  REMUS LUPIN HAD noticed the ripped parchment shoved between the pages of James' Potion's textbook five minutes before Transfiguration

  REMUS LUPIN HAD noticed the ripped parchment shoved between the pages of James' Potion's textbook five minutes before Transfiguration. He hadn't said anything, not wanting to upset his friend. 

  James had been down since the shockingly public break-up between himself and Lily Evans, but today he seemed a bit more like himself. And with months left of their final year, it was unanimous among the Marauders that they didn't want James to revert to the heartbroken state.

  But Sirius Black couldn't keep his mouth shut.

  "What is it?"

  Heads turned towards the four boys, as Sirius' question had been so loud even McGonagall had stopped speaking.

  "Sorry," Sirius said, raising a hand, "My bad."

  "Mate, what's the shred?" Sirius questioned James the second they exited the threshold of the Transfiguration classroom. 

  "The what?"

  Sirius responded by plucking the parchment, which made James' eyes widen ten times.

  "Oi—!"

  "'Game on'?" Sirius questioned, laughing. He was walking backward now, attempting to stay out of James' reach, "What does that even—"

  Sirius' words were cut off as he ran directly into another body, his steady stance wavered and he was sent flying back onto the person.

  "Sirius!"

  "Sal!"

  James's eyes widened at Dottie Fitzgerald's exclamation, watching Sirius get up to reveal the redhead. She was grumbling, her leather jacket half-off her torso. 

  "Didn't see you," Sirius said quickly, dusting himself off as Salem collected herself from the ground. 

  "Not unless you have eyes in the back of your head," Salem said dryly, tucking her red curls behind her ears.

  "Charming as ever, Gerard."

  "Suck it, Black."

  Salem glared harshly at Sirius, who was wearing a proud smirk at that point, before turning and linking an arm with Dottie. The Gryffindor girls took off in long strides, two waves of black and red hair flowing behind them.

  "She still hates us, huh?" Remus questioned, scratching the back of his head.

  "She's always going to hate us," James mumbled.

  "So, 'Game On'?" Peter asked after a moment.

  "Yes, Wormy!" Sirius cheered, whirling on James. He held up the parchment, "Explain."