↠ four ↠

k a d e

Snorting, I slammed my pen down in frustration. My father had said that my "bride to-be" would arrive any day now, if not she was already here.

Most of my thoughts were distracted, focused on my new wife.

Father knew about my multiple flings with other women and girls, but he certainly didn't know about my secret relationships with guys. I couldn't tell him, I can't tell him. My dad would kill me, skin me alive. I know how serious this shit was taken in the mafia, but I couldn't help it.

Vanessa was fine, even if she was a little bitch sometimes. But father had to ruin everything by shoving some random women under me and expecting me to go along with it.

If I didn't live up to my fathers standards of my sexuality, he would disown me and leave me at the mercy of other gangs, ready for the blood of the infamous Mr. King's son, as well as the fact he would be the laughingstock of the underworld.

Getting out of my chair, I swaggered out of the luxurious office and tugged at my tie. "Mel, do pour me some of the Romanee?

My personal servant bowed her head quickly as she rushed to cater to my needs. I wandered down the hallway, impatient and Mel quickly returned with a crystal wine glass filled with the old, expensive wine. I took a sip and relaxed, everything would be fine. I walked around the mansion, sipping and humming as I felt myself slip into the brink of complete relaxation and calmness.

Somehow, I had found myself at the family wing. Father and mother didn't sleep here, of course. It was useless, but a good place to hide and get drunk safely. A place to be alone.

Unfortunately, luck was not with me today as I heard the sounds of another human being. My glass now empty, I threw it at one of the portraits on the wall. It shattered, a clear sound that seemed to echo through my ears.

A grunting sound, then some banging on the door. I flinched back in surprise.

"Who's there?" I asked, slurred. The banging stopped for a moment, then a muffled voice called out,

"Is anyone there?"

The voice was soft, and pleasing to hear. I smiled. Laughing softly, I approached the golden handled door. Darkness swarmed at me, the mansion dark at night, but suddenly the soft warm glow of light slide from the door.

Squinting, the light looked a bit like a blurry worm. A light worm. The banging returned.

"Please let me out!" the person called. I growled and kicked the door, and the noise stopped instantly.

"SHUT UP!" I roared, the banging giving me a soft headache. I just wanted to hear that wonderful voice again.

Silence.

Shuffling.

"Who are you?" suddenly asked the voice. I slumped on the door, a bit surprised.

"You... don't know who I am?" I asked, voice heavy. The person paused.

"N-no. Should I?" I rolled my head back and stared out the moonlit window, tears suddenly pricking my eyes, and I started bawling.

"My life is so messed up!" I cried into my suit. The wine was strong, clearly, but I just continued sobbing. "Nobody loves me. I don't have any friends." I whined. I was an adult, I should stop. But it felt so good to let it all out.

The voice returned.

"I-I can be your friend?" It said timidly. I smiled and wiped my tears away. "And love me?" I asked, stretching the "o." After a moment, the person said,

"Of course."