↠ thirteen ↠

k a d e

The next morning I had woken up earlier than Gabriel and quickly took myself away from him and got out of bed. Our bed.

I stumbled out of the room and into the shower, contemplating what he had mentioned last night. It was true, we did not have our wedding night, and I'm sure my father expected me to initiate it.

It was certainly a welcoming prospect, but I didn't want to scare off Gabriel. As I washed myself, I recalled how nice his hair felt and I hummed a bit.

Stepping out of the foggy shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and shuffled out into the kitchen type. There had already been breakfast delivered, it was more for show than anything.

Examining the large array of food set on the kitchen counter, I reached to the cabinet and pulled out a plate and a mug.

"Kade?" asked a voice making me jump and almost drop the plate. I turned around, suddenly aware of how loose my towel hung.

"Gabriel you scared me." I exclaimed, taking another bowl out for him as well. "You can take a shower if you want, we have breakfast out." I told him. He nodded and went to get ready.

As I sat down at the table with my plate of sausages and some egg and my fresh cup of coffee, I saw my phone laying on the sofa. When I picked it up, I saw I had quite a few messages.

Crap, Vanessa. I had forgotten all about her for the past few days with Gabriel, and I knew I would have to break things up.

*1 missed call*

Babe?

Babe where are you?

Kade this isn't funny.

Did I do something?

Answer me please.

Kade I want to go shopping again- at least give me your credit card?

I sigh and text her.

Hey Vanessa.

KADE! I thought u died.

Vanessa I have something to say.

What is it hun?

Here let me call you instead...

I call her and wait for her to pick up. When she does, her voice blasts me in the face.

"KADE! Have you been ignoring me?" she said. I sighed and rubbed my face as I waited out her rant."I have called and texted you and suddenly when I decide to check out how you are doing they inform me that you are unavailable, and they refused to tell me where you went! You could've called me." I rolled my shoulders back.

"Yeah... I'm out in Greece right now Vanessa." I say. She gives a shriek.

"GREECE? You know how I've wanted to go in ages how dare you not take me you-" I interrupt her.

"Look... I think you're great and all but I need to breakup with you." I say. Vanessa pauses for a moment, in shock.

"Kade this isn't funny." She said, serious. I scoff.

"It sure is Vanessa. I'm sorry but we have to end." I say. 

"KADE! You- just- how dare- WHY?" she explodes. I chewed my eggs, then took a sip of my mug of coffee.

"I'm... married now." I say, dropping the bomb. I push my plate away, finished.

"WHAT? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" cried Vanessa. Ugly sounds came through and I realized she was sobbing. "You cheater! I loved you!"

"No... you loved me for my money. And I'm sorry but I didn't know my dad forced it onto me. Sorry Vanessa bye." I hung up on her and stand up, ready to put on some clothes when I see Gabriel behind me, wet hair, a plate of pancakes and a shirt reading I LOVE GREECE.

He stared at me, then turned and sat at the table, silent. As I walk back to the bedroom, he says softly,

"Was that your girlfriend?" he asked. I swallow and nod.

"Not anymore Gabe. I'm all yours now." I chuckle, then walk away to put on some decent clothes for the beach.