↠ eighteen ↠

k a d e

When the gun went off, everyone jumped and Jason stared at me with an open mouth. I then saw the blood pouring out of him, but soon after he shot Gabriel.

Or tried to.

One of the body guards tackled him, then all hell broke loose.

My men charged theirs, who surrendered seeing their leader gone. I looked up at my father, at the top of the stairs with a gun. He glanced at me and I nodded at him.

Taking Gabriel in my arms, I saw that Jason was already dead. I was furious, I wanted to torture him until he pleaded for death but what I saw was Gabriel.

When Jason was tackled, the gun had aimed differently and instead of shooting his brains out it had taken a chunk of his torso, and I was afraid it would puncture something important. The bullet was lodged in Gabriel and I felt tears trickle down. I glared at Jasons ever smirking dead face, then demanded someone to call the hospital.

"GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" I howled. I clutched him deep inside my chest and felt his breath and heartbeat, hoping he wouldn't die.

When we got to the compound I felt something was off. It had been eerily quiet, and when we were ambushed I knew that it had been a trap all along. We rushed back to the mansion, but it had been to late as Brown had already gotten there.

Now I could only hope for Gabriel.

When the sirens came, I didn't hear them. I was dully aware of Gabriel being taken from my numb arms and my father taking me to his office.

"... today was a tragic accident and we will have to regroup." finished my father in some speech. He approached me and I flinched.

"What?" I whispered. He paused, then placed a heavy hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing." 

Then he left. I gave a tired sigh, then left along with the other men. I got to the garage and plugged in one of the cars, then zoomed out.

I went along the highway and I cruised for what seemed like ages, until I realized I had stopped. Looking up, I saw the hospital looking back at me. Stepping out, I rushed in.

"Gabriel! Gabriel Hudson?" I asked, looking around. A nurse held my arm.

"Sir, we need you to back away-"

"I need my husband!" I screamed in her face. I must've looked a mess, blood and sweat. She made an agitated noise.

"You're a gay? Get out of this hospital." She said, sneering. I drew my arm back to punch her but another women stopped me.

"ROSE! Stop that bs. Come along sir, I'll take you to your husband, and I'll report her." she said, glaring at the young women named Rose. I gave Rose a dark stare and followed her.

The women took me down the hall, to a branch labeled ICU. 

"Here he is." she said kindly, then left me. I peeked inside and saw many doctors crowding around Gabriel. I turned and slumped against the wall. I had lost him on the plane, and almost permanently lost him just now.

I was a mess.

But I was in love.