↠ nine ↠

k a d e

I didn't know what to do. Honestly? I was freaking out a little.

I felt like a douche. A backstabbing friend dropping douche.

When Gabriel confronted me in that kitchen, I was so unsure and... a bit scared. I didn't want him to think lowly of me. Looks like that can't be helped now can it?

When he had said those two words, I feel, for a moment my hopes had risen so high then shoved back down. He wouldn't feel anything to me- especially after he learns who I am and what I've done.

It's better this way. I remind myself.

Gosh dammit.

I squirmed under the bed sheets, my suit had gotten finished today and tomorrow would be my... wedding. Life took you on such an unexpected trail sometimes.

I knew I wouldn't get much sleep, but I didn't want to die up to such an event looking dead. At least maybe I could bond with my wife and get her out of here, to safety.

I fell asleep with the thought of her, and what it meant for my future on my mind.

--
The next morning I was hurriedly woken up by a maid.

"Master, the wedding day is today!" She said in a thrilled, excited voice. I blearily pried my eyes open.

"Crap..." I muttered when I realized I had fallen asleep with my clothes on. I must've looked a mess but the mad simply tugged me up.

"Worry not master, we will be preparing you now." She said as she dragged me out to another room. Instantly a flock of women surrounded me and started to prepare me.

After they had finished, an hour or a few maybe I was whisked off once again and another group dressed me. I flashed a practiced smile into the mirror and observed how nicely they had cleaned me up.

The whole process had taken to long, but I was half brain dead so I wasn't aware of what was happening until I was taken outside. My mouth lifted with a smile as I remembered one day when I had taken Gabriel out toy tour our gardens. He had been so amazed. I'd give him all the gardens in the world to see him smile again.

A lecture and lesson passed as I was taught on how I was expected, and how to behave during the wedding. I sat in my seat perked up, only half listening.

It passed so fucking fast and next thing I knew I had been standing and was taken to where the wedding would take place, and it was extravagant, as expected.

It was outdoor, in our backyard which was humongous. A white frame had been set up with fragile green vines growing up and around it. Lights wrapped around the frame and onto the vines. There were luscious green ferns at the bottom of each of the four posts, and doves sat on the edges with soft coos. With closer inspection I realized there was a light, faint string tethering them down.

White tables were set up, with long rows of chefs preparing food further back. In the middle was a large fountain that had been set up, with multiple layers and an ice sculpture of an extremely detailed eagle in the top middle.

The sculpture was of an eagle, each feather clearly visible and sculpted. There were rose petals, pink scattered everywhere. On the ground, table, in the fountain and even on the wooden stage.

In front of the stage was two smaller fountains, cheerfully burbling. I could see a large flattened area where the orchestra had been setting up.

This was not a full wedding- not in the typical way a wedding would go. I knew my father would try to be cheap- shove all the events in one and still manage to make it look beautiful.

As I slowly ascended the stage, a white path was laid down. The chattering stopped and people turned to face me.

The man started by clearing his throat.

"Today... we start the fantastic new relationship of this young couple." He began, speaking through the mic. I tuned him out and looked at the crowd.

I saw many important people here, not surprise. They sat still, not doubt aware of how any mistakes would be reported to my father. I was saddened I couldn't find Danny anywhere,  but why would he want to come. Suddenly, the orchestra picked up and I sensed my bride would be walking down the aisle.

As I assumed, I was right. I kept my eye downcast, searching the crowd for Gabriel. Shocked conversation rang through the audience suddenly, and I moved my head slightly to look to the aisle.

The bride was limping slightly, I picked up on that. The dress was a white colour, with shades of pinkish silver accented between it. It was a masterpiece, and I could only hope my bride's face would be the same at least. When I lifted my face, I realized why the crowd was murmuring.

It was a male.

Not any other male, Gabriel.

He held his head high, though he was flushed and he stiffly walked down with a small limp. I gulped and any thoughts of sending my bride away from the family flew out my mind. I wanted nothing more to have my bride with me, beside me.

I met his gaze and he got his lip and I flared my nostrils. I think I was in shock.

As Gabriel walked up, I noted how the dress hugged him a bit tightly, and I felt myself harden.

He stood in front of me stiffly, not blinking. I wanted to shake him and yell SAY SOMETHING! But I knew I had dropped him yesterday.

This was a steaming pile of cow shit.