↠ eight ↠

k a d e

This was a disaster.

That was my first thought when I slowly lay myself down on my bed. Gabriel was an issue that I didn't want to get rid of.

He was great company, charming, smart and everything I wanted. Not to mention his body was amazing and we had grown close after the last four days.

It was mostly just lust. Lust and the fact my ass couldn't bring it up to sleep with another women, or man when I was under the same roof as Gabriel.

This was crazy. I have never felt so strongly, and yet after these short four days I felt s wonderful connection with him.

And yet...

I knew I couldn't get to close. Because in the end it would end in heartbreak for both of us. Or at least me. I didn't know if he even felt anything to me.

I didn't ask him why he was here- and he didn't ask me. It was an unapproachable subject both of us had left alone. I hated the fact such a gorgeous boy could possibly be involved with mafia business, he could be a highly trained assassin for all I know.

And yet... today would be my final day. Tomorrow was my wedding, and I had decided to spend as much time away from him to break off any bonds.

So far it had been fine. It was boring, a glimpse of him here and there and I would run away. I was holed up in my room and I decided I had to go get food, at the sound of my ever rumbling stomach. Deciding I would go to one of the smaller kitchens, I walked lit softly and I ascended to the small, marble kitchen.

As I rummaged through the fridge, I was suddenly aware of a presence behind me. Closing the door slowly I turned and met the eyes of Gabriel, waiting impatiently by the door way.

--
g a b r i e l

As I stared at Kade in the small kitchen, I gave myself a mental pat on the back for finally locating him. He had been avoiding me all day, and I missed him. Strange to say, I had grown... fond of him.

As I approached him, he didn't run off since there was onlay two entrances, which were both cut off by the counters and me. I walked up to him and attempted to stare him in those steel eyes that refused to meet my gaze.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked bluntly, and a little hurt. Kade cleared his throat.

"I have?" He asked. I scoffed.

"Yes you have. I've missed you." I admitted. A pleasant smile spread on his face, but then was wiped off.

"Gabriel... I don't think we should keep up this friendship." He said weakly. I felt my hart drop a little.

"What? Why?" I asked. "You can't just leave me when I feel-" I suddenly drop my hand that had been running through my hair. Jade had a strange expression on his face.

"You feel... what?" He asked hoarsely. I grunted.

"Whatever Kade. Goodbye." I said angrily, then left the kitchen.

I can't believe after these wonderful days he just dropped me like that- and I thought we had a bond of friendship at least. Turns out I was wrong about the douche.