The Lake

*Warning: obsession and mild Smut.*

John Seed P.O.V.

It was a partly cloudy day in Holland Valley, and it seemed like things on the resistance side had calmed down for now. So as I was sitting around on my couch at the ranch,I was bored out of my mind and letting my mind wander. The first thought that crops up in my mind is Deputy (y/n). It seems weird to have lustful thoughts about your enemy, but this woman's beauty and fiery nature were like a drug, and I was hopelessly addicted. I would almost say that I'm obsessed with this woman; her sinful body keeps me awake at night, and her smile and words play on repeat in my mind. It distracts me from my work and duties; I would even say that if there was a possibility that I could make her mine, I would take the chance and never let her go.

I was about to go get my bottle of scotch and have a drink to clear my sinful thoughts since I didn't have confessions to do today when I heard my radio come to life with The Deputy's voice coming through it. I heard her tell one of her resistance buddies that she was going for a swim at a lake near the Lamb of God Church. I smile and think to myself, "Well, I guess I can go see if the deputy wants to play, because it would be more entertaining than being bored here.' I grab the radio, put on my boots, and fix my outfit. I head to my SUV and take off for the lake. In hopes of catching a glimpse of the deputy.

------------------------------------------------ Female Deputy P.O.V. -----------------------------------------------------

Today was a slow day, as I sat at the Spread Eagle with no missions from Pastor Jerome. I decide to have a "me day", I tell Mary May that if anyone needs me, I'll be at the lake near Lamb of God Church to swim and relax. She tells me that she will relay the message to anyone who needs me and to watch my back for John and his goons. I laugh and tell her I'll be careful. I get in my red truck and make my way to the lake.

Once I get there, I park my truck in front of the church, grab my backpack and walkie-talkie, and make my way down to the docks of the lake. Once I get there, I set my backpack in the dock's shed and grab my towel and change of clothes for when I'm done swimming. I change into my Y/F/C swimsuit and head toward the end of the dock.

I stop in the middle of the dock to spread out my towel and set my radio on the towel. I get a running start and jump into the cool, refreshing water. I resurface to the top after a minute and swim around for a bit. I lay on my back and float around the lake as I watch the clouds go by and let my mind wander to all the events from the beginning to where I am now. I've killed so many people and still had to kill John and Jacob, but what was it all for......Justice?..........Freedom? I sometimes wonder if I could find a non-lethal solution to deal with the rest of the Seed's. I never wanted to kill Faith; I felt bad for her, but I knew how it would've looked to have sympathy for your enemy. I mean, I felt bad for the entire family, but with John and Faith out of the Seed family, to me, it seemed like John was the black sheep of the family and Faith was a scared woman who was just as damaged as they all were.

My thoughts bring me back to John and how I felt about him. Yes, he is someone I need to kill. But why?? He seemed like the sanest and most well-off out of all of them; why couldn't he just leave this all behind and go back to being a good lawyer for the state of Georgia? Or find that special someone and leave this cult nonsense behind. To say the man was handsome is an understatement. Anyone would be lucky to have him—if they could handle his baggage, that is. I mean, I've thought about it myself—what would he have been like if he wasn't my enemy? Would he be charming and sweet or still sadistic and cruel?

About 10 minutes later, I get out of the water and dry off. I sit there on the dock and enjoy the peace and quiet of Montana. I pick up my towel and radio, and I make my way to the shed to change my clothes. As I'm changing, I can't shake the feeling that I am being watched from across the lake. I tried to reason it out as an animal like a bear or a cougar, but it just felt like a person was undressing me with their eyes. I shiver with nervousness at the idea of someone seeing me naked and unarmed. I grab my pistol out of my backpack. I also grab my radio that was on the ground next to me and clip it to my hip, strap my gun to my leg, leave my stuff there in the shed, and go to look for who is watching me to calm my brain.