제29부

“… Kang Daniel?”

“Ms. Y/N…” He called you softly with a little smile on his lips.

Your mouth was still hanging whilst you looked around the office. “W-what does that mean?”

“Oh.. About that...” Daniel scratched his head. “Your fiancé told me to always clean your office ever since you were gone. He also bought that teddy bear together with the flowers. But since it has been a long time since you came back, the flowers died in days so he made sure to pay a flower shop so that they could always deliver a fresh one every day.”

“W-what—” You were speechless. “—but why is he doing this?”

“He was hoping that you could come back in any days. And he always believed… that you would. He waited for you.”

You bit your lip to prevent your tears from falling. Inhaling deeply, you forced a small smile. “P-please… give me a moment.”

Daniel bowed and took his exit, closing the door.

You grabbed the teddy bear and buried your face in its tummy. “I love you. I freaking love you, you sweet ass.” You chuckled whilst your tears wet the fluffy bear.

‘He waited so long for me. But now, the tables have turned and it’s me who’s already waiting for him to wake up. When will we have a happy ending, my love? Please… Come back to me.’

~*~

Days passed and none of those went normal since you always felt empty without Jungkook. But despite of that, you made up the days you weren’t in office and you managed to run it well, maintaining its competitive status with high sales.

On the other hand, you became inactive as an agent. The seniors decided to not let you do missions for the meantime so that you could rest. Also, they were already afraid that something might happen to you again. You felt bad, thinking they were already underestimating you, but they assured you that they were just trying to protect you.

You released a frustrated sigh as you turned to your phone when it started ringing. Picking it up lazily, you slid your finger across the screen to answer it.

“What do you want?” You started and the caller chuckled.

“Get your ass out of your office and come with us. Let’s grab some lunch.” Jungyeon answered.

“Mom’s—” You stopped, realizing that your Mom won’t be able to have lunch with you since she’s in mansion and doesn’t feeling well. “Alright.. But—‘us’??”

You asked, confused. “Who’s the other bitch?”

“You’ll know when you’re here. So, come here quick. We’ll be waiting in the cafeteria.”

“Fine.” You stated shortly before hanging up.

Even though it’s against your will, you dragged yourself out of your office thinking that you needed a companion for lunch anyway.

‘But why is she having a lunch here in my building suddenly? She has her own company and she’s supposed to be on duty there. Hmmm.’ You thought, shrugging it up once you stepped in the lift.

You tilted your head before the doors closed, noticing that your Secretary wasn’t in his spot.

“Have you seen Secretary Kang?” You asked the elevator lady.

“Hm. He was here minutes ago, and he went down to the parking lot.” She answered and you nodded, thinking that he might grab his lunch at the nearby fast food chains.