제32부

The dark night skies were hugged by the countless stars that twinkled as Jungkook admired them from the private van. He released a breath smiling, turning to the lady who was sleeping beside him.

Slowly, you opened your eyes and stretched up your arm.

"How's your sleep, beautiful?" Jungkook asked in his softest voice.

'Ugh. I could listen to his voice all day.'

You didn't answer. Instead, you pushed his seat so the both of you could lie down. He chuckled as you dropped your leg against his thigh, wrapped your arm around his waist and buried your face in his neck.

"You know you could just lie on top of me and I would be honored." He spoke confidently with a smirk but you smacked his chest.

Facing up, you asked him. "Are we still we far from home?"

He hummed, revealing his little dimple. "I think we're still an hour away."

"Great. I can sleep more-"

"We're here." The driver announced and you glared at Jungkook who was trying to suppress his laugh.

"I hate you." You uttered, sitting up to peek by the window.

"Nah. You don't mean that." Jungkook sulked, pouting.

"We arrived so late." You commented, noticing the dark skies as the maids opened the gate to let the van in.

"Yeah. Mom's probably asleep already."

You sighed.

"Let's go. You go in first. I'll just unload the luggage."

"Okay."

You hopped out of the van and walked towards the door, seeing that the lights were out that made you sad.

'I was so excited to hug mom.'

"Ohh. Ahjumma." You greeted your maid with a warm smile once she has opened the door.

"Y/N. It's good that you're back. Your mom has been waiting for you since morning."

"Aww. I'm sorry to hear that. Seemed like we were stuck in traffic. I didn't expect that we'll arrive so late."

"It's fine." She patted your shoulders. "At least you had a safe ride. Go and rest now."

"Thank you, Ahjumma."

She smiled back and you walked towards the kitchen when you felt your throat drying up.

But you stopped abruptly seeing red stains on the floor.

'What the freak is this? Please don't tell me it's blood. I've had enough.'

You followed the tracks of the red stains that led to the kitchen island. Peeking by the corner, you then saw your now grown pup.

"Cloud!" You scream-whispered, trying not to make any noise.

Cloud then turned to you, ketchup all over his face as he jumped and licked your face.

You chuckled. "Okay. Okay. I get it, baby. You missed me."

"What happened here?" Jungkook went in confusingly.

"Well there's cutie pie right here who was trying to dig in a ketchup." You answered whilst ruffling Cloud's fur.

Jungkook smiled at the sight of you smiling to Cloud, ketchup all over your cheeks.

"Okay, that's enough, babies. Rest a bit before taking a bath, babe. I'll take care of Cloud and the mess." He spoke which you disagreed.

"Hey! It's okay. I'll help you. You're not my butler anymore, silly."