17

finally the bell was ringing. the more the lesson was about to end the more nervous changkyun got. somehow he feared the conversation which would come now. he took his bag and walked out of the classroom as on of the last students.

the other boy was no where in sight, maybe he didn't want to talk to changkyun anymore after the brown haired didn't recognize him? but when he walked out of the door frame he was immediately pulled to the side and looked in no other eyes than the ones from the other boy.

"i think we have to talk," the other said quietly and he seemed sad but curious. changkyun just nodded.

"but not here." the taller grabbed his hand and simply took changkyun with him. they walked through a couple of floors and then through a steel door. changkyun blinked and noticed that they were on the rooftop of the school. they were alone and sat down in a corner where somehow was laying a blanket. at first none of them said a word, they were just sitting there staring down at the playground where the other students were on their break.

"so...," changkyun started the conversation but still unsure what to say.

"what's your name?"

the other boy sighed and leaned a little bit closer.

"you don't have any memory about me?"

changkyun shook his head.

"i'm kihyun and by the way one of your best friends."

changkyun widened his eyes. even though there was still no memory even if kihyun told him his name he understood how the other must have felt when changkyun asked who he was.

"kihyun... i'm so sorry i don't remember anything about you or us in general. but as you probably know i had this accident and when i woke up from coma i didn't remember anything until now. i'm sorry for hurting your feelings i know how you must feel at the moment."

he saw how kihyun's eyes got wet.

"don't apologize pabo, this isn't your fault. i promise i will do anything to help you getting those memories back."

changkyun smiled and this time it was an honest smile. he was happy that he wasn't alone and that persons who he didn't even know yet were willed to help him. he really appreciated it. but as he wanted to reply something and say thank you the rooftop door opened and four other boys entered.

"...like and then he said: hoseok if you forget doing your homework one more time i'll-"

the boy who was talking stopped the conversation immediately when he noticed kihyun and changkyun. the other boys gave the two confused glances too. it was silent for a long time when one of them whispered.

"changkyun."