Chapter eleven

"What are you doing here?" I asked seeing Kiku and Alfred leave together. Wow, thanks for leaving me behind with him. "Well, I brought you some lunch" he smiled holding the paper bag up smiling. "Just to wonder, how much did you hear?" I asked nervously. He laughed lightly, nodding. "Every word," he laughed awkwardly. I had never wanted to dig myself in a hole and bury myself in it.  "Don't worry mon Ami, I think you smell nice too. Like if oranges were assholes to other people, that would be what you smell like" he laughed at me. This bastard is unbelievable. "Are you done?" I asked, looking at him laugh. "Yes yes, Now then. When is your lunch break?" He asked, smiling. I looked at my watch and back to him who was smiling like a puppy waiting for its owner to play with them.

"Another hour maybe at 12:30," I said a bit disappointed. "Well, I have all day free since I finished my work at the firm." He smiled standing there staring at me. What is this guy's deal? "Yeah? Okay then. What will you do then?" I asked, looking at him. "I will run some errands and come back" he smiled at me waving me off "see you soon! I will be here at exactly 12:30" he called before leaving. Soon after, Alfred and Kiku came back, staring at me. "So, did you embarrass yourself?" Alfred asked, sipping his soda drink. "I did not, actually; thanks for the support. Also, thanks for leaving me here with him," I spat angrily and sarcastically.

"Come on, bro! You needed a push. Plus, you said it was fine, so no worries. So what did he want to talk about" Alfred did a pushing movement with his hands. "He wants to have lunch," I answered, and they both looked surprised and happy. "Wow... I would have really thought you scared him off with your cooking. But fantastic! I assume he is going to come back later?" Kiku asked, and I nodded my head in response. "Maybe I actually got this" I smiled, realizing that he came to me this time. "It is just lunch; slow your roll."Alfred laughed, seeing me stand up excited. "Yes, you are right," I said in realization. I sat down in my seat and started to get to work. I soon started to daze as I told people what to do and how to do it. I kept thinking of Francis.

He looked so radiant. He always looks that way. I wonder what kind of body wash he uses to make his skin feel so soft. Or hair wash. "Arthur!" Someone yelled, making me almost fall out of my seat from shock. I fixed myself and looked up to who it was. "Bro! I have been calling you for five minutes," Alfred said, annoyed. "What happened?" I asked, looking at him ruin my daydreaming. "Lunch started a bit ago; aren't you supposed to meet him?" Alfred asked, and I breathed out, pushing against my seat. "He said he would come back, so I will just wait here," I answered, and he nodded.
However.... I waited
And waited...
Waiting.....
Waiting....
He did not show up after 20 minutes, so I decided to just eat the lunch I brought. I have no idea where he is at. I waited some more until I decided I should probably text him. But I decided not to.  Before I knew it, lunch had ended, and he was not here yet. Soon, Alfred and Kiku came back, and they saw me sitting there looking sad. "What happened? Did it go well?" Kiku asked worriedly. "He did not show up," I said, and they both looked shocked. "But why?" Alfred asked concerned. "I have no idea, but he promised-." I did not finish when I suddenly felt an aching sensation in my heart.

"Arthur?" Kiku asked, concerned seeing me grab my heart. "It is nothing; we should get back to work," I said, turning to my computer to start typing. I could still feel the aching sensation. I wondered what was happening. I looked to my pinky and saw how dim it was looking. "That is weird," I said before turning back to my work.

~
Once work ended, Alfred and Kiku offered to walk me home, but I shook my head at them. "I am a big boy, don't worry" I laughed at their protectiveness. I left after everyone in my department left since I had to make sure everything was put away. As head, I could not slack a bit. I soon grabbed my bag and turned the lights off behind me. I wonder why Francis skipped out on me.

"Arthur, right?" I hear my name being called. I turned and saw one of Francis's friends, who I forgot the name of. "Oh, Pablo !" I smiled, taking a guess. "It is Antonio, and you had to pick the most generic Mexican name?" He said, a little confused. I looked at him and saw he was by himself. "What are you doing here?" I asked, confused. "Come with me," he said, trying to pull me. "What? Why?" I asked, pulling away. He only looked frustrated. "Francis was in an accident," Antonio said, and my face fell.

"What? Accident? Like car accident accident or he fell off the ladder accident and wants attention?" I asked, confused. "A little of both. He is fine and asked me to get you since his phone was ruined. You see, he was trying to help a kid with a bike; the kid almost got run over, but Francis grabbed him in time, and the car hit the bike. But the bike flew and hit Francis in the head, leaving a pretty bad cut. Francis then dropped his stuff in a puddle," Antonio tried to explain, embarrassed. "Wow... all of that happened in a matter of seconds?" I asked, and he nodded. "Okay then... I guess I can go with you," I said, unsure but deciding to go with him. I hope Francis is okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading, and I think I am making this book into like a romantic comedy. Mostly comedy at times