Chapter thirty

Thursday night
sadly I had not seen Francis all day, but it was okay since I had a surprise for him. "Your total is 8.90€" the lady smiled at me. I nodded, taking out money and handing it to her. I have seen romantic movies where if you give your lover a bouquet of flowers, they will get happy and admit their feelings; hopefully, this will be a good start by showing him how much I love him through gifts like this.  As I walked to his home, bouquet in hand, I smiled as I started to daydream about his reaction.

~
"Arthur? For moi? How thoughtful"

"Of course, anything for you."

"Oh, Arthur! I think I - I think I... I love you"  Francis then pulls me into his arms, kissing me.

~
Heheheh, this is perfect. He will love it so much; I am excited. As I continued to walk, I tried to think of what to say that did not have me saying my feelings. "I got it!" I thought, thinking of the perfect words to say to my dearest Francis. He might as well marry me after this. I walked up to the steps in front of his house, soon fixing myself to look better. I tried pushing my messy hair down while also fixing my clothes. "You got this, Arthur, just try not to get embarrassed...just act charming,"  I whispered to myself, taking a big gulp down my throat as I rang the doorbell.

"I am coming!!!" I heard a shout from the inside call. I took deep breaths waiting for the door to unlock. I got this; no need to worry.  I heard the door unlock as I started to hold the flowers out for him to see. "Hopefully, this goes well," I thought, shuffling in my spot, waiting for the door to finally open.

"Oh!?" I heard a voice say as I started to move the flowers out of my face. "Arthur?" He said in a sweet voice, making me tense up and my face turn red. "Well... Uhh, these are for you.." I managed to say, smiling at him. His hair was beautifully tied back in a bun as if it were some beautiful flower. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows as well, looking as if he was doing something. "This is a surprise; what is the occasion?" He smiled at me, leaning against the door. God, he was so hot.

"I just.... wanted to do something nice for you, Francis. I picked these, especially for you," I started nervously, feeling myself become hot. "Why do you say that!" He smirked against the door. "Well... the tulips represent love, and the.... the roses also represent passion," my voice shook as I tried to speak. This played out better in my head.

"Come in" Francis smiled taking the bouquet. I nodded, looking away as I continued to walk into the house. "So, What are you trying to say?" Francis asked, closing the door behind me.  "What do you mean?" I asked taking off my shoes, then taking a seat on the couch. He walked to the kitchen smiling brightly, coming back with two wine glasses and wine. "Well, you say they stand for love and passion; why would you give me them?" He asked, starting to pour some wine into my glass cup.

"Because...." I can not think of a way to put it. "It is because I thought you would enjoy them on a personal level," I smiled, winking at him as if saying, "you get it". "How about you elaborate more," he sipped his cup in an almost seductive way. "No, you?" I asked, unsure, seeing him move closer to me. "Me? Do you mean how I feel?" He asked. This counted as asking, fuck!

"No! Do not do that?" I said, jumping a bit to stop him from answering. "I would rather have some normal conversation time, yes," I said nervously, patting his hand. "Arthur, you are charming as ever," he laughed a bit before lifting his hand up to touch my head. He suddenly stopped, though, over my bandage. I looked at him, concerned, and saw the worry in his eyes. Although we made it up yesterday, I am not surprised it still bothered him seeing the bandage.

"Sorry," I laughed nervously, pulling my shirt up to cover the area. "No, don't be," he tried to smile as he sat away a bit. "I got you the flowers because I wanted to see you happy," I explained, smiling at him. I noticed his cheeks growing a shade of pink as his mouth dropped open slightly. "Arthur, they have made me the happiest person in the world right now." He smiled, holding my hand.

"That is great," I smiled, standing up. "I should probably go now, right?" I added, heading to the door. "Are you sure? I would love for you to stay" Francis smiled, holding my hand. "Are you sure?" I asked, looking at him. "Of course... I love having you around me" he smiled an oh-so-sweet smile that I could almost feel my feet melt beneath me as my heart picked up speed. "Okay," I laughed a goofy laugh at his words. Francis pulled me to sit down on the couch beside him.

"Arthur, you make me feel a certain way that I can not describe," Francis put an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. "Like what?" I asked, confused. He chuckled at my response and placed his hand under my chin, and pulled my face closer to his. "Kiss me," he whispered. I felt my heart explode at his words. "What? I..... okay," I laughed, coming closer to him. "Arthur, I -." We both started to kiss each other, and I felt like flying. I was always falling harder for him whenever he talked so sweetly or kissed me. I wish I could just tell him how I feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far! I hope you like the book so far