Chapter twenty nine

I looked around for some time until I saw a slump on the couch. There was a bottle or two of wine, possibly empty, with a glass cup on the floor. The room was dark as I walked closer. "Francis?" I asked, concerned. "how did you get in?" He asked turning away under the covers. "The window" I answered shortly. I walked closer to him and bent down shaking him. "Please look at me," I begged as I saw him this way. It hurt my heart to see him so miserable. "Francis," I said shaking him. "Look at me now!" I said, almost angry. He pushed the blanket off of him and looked at me angrily. "I just can't.... to be reminded of how I hurt you- it...it kills me inside," he said looking down.

I lifted his chin to look at me as I finally saw his anguish fall from his eyes. "It was not you...that witch, she made you do that," I explained seriously. He looked shocked and pulled away. "It does not matter; I still hurt you," he said backing up. "I am fine, please," I begged to try to touch him. He looked down at my neck, seeing the bandage I tried to hide. "How bad is it?" He asked, finally lifting a hand to touch my neck, but I unintentionally flinched before he could. I looked at him, scared at my reaction.

"You are afraid of me.... aren't you.." He asked in a numb tone. "No- it was not like that," I tried to reach my hand to him, but he moved away. Out of frustration, I pulled myself up, coming closer to him. "Francis, I lo-." I cut myself off, almost confessing. That could have been bad. He looked at me as I stopped what I was saying, looking down sadly. "It hurts me to see you this way since I care about you," I said, pulling him into a hug. "Please don't push me away; you mean a lot to me; I do not know what I would do without you," I added, holding him tightly. "So, please don't do this to me," I begged, touching his hair softly.

"But I hurt you" Francis tried to pull away, but I did not let him. "It was not your fault,"  I told him, holding his hand in mine. I moved my hand up to his cheek and held it in my palm. "I just want to...-make sure," I started leaning in closer to him. "Arthur .... I -." He was cut off by me kissing him. I felt his eyes water against mine as he started to overpower me. "Francis.." I whispered as he started to hold me closer into the kiss. I love him so much, and I just can not lose him so easily. He was my soul mate, after all. I looked down at my hand, seeing the red strings shine the brightest I have ever seen.

"What is it?" Francis asked, pulling away. I looked back at him, smiling. "Nothing," I laughed, pulling him back to me. I suddenly pulled away again. "Can we still go on that date Saturday?" I asked hopefully. He looked at me, smiling in a loving way. "Yes.... of course, mon cher" he laughed out, hugging me. I felt him start to place kisses on my bandage. "I am sorry," he whispered lowly. "Do not worry; I forgive you," I answered him.

"Now then! You need to get up and go to work," I said strictly, starting to stand up. "No, not yet," he chuckled, pulling me back down and under him. "Let me stay like this longer," he asked, holding me closer to him. "Fine," I gave in, letting him hold me. "How did you find out I was here?" He asked, confused. "I got some help" was all I told him. However, he looked suspicious.

~

That night, as I walked home, I felt that I needed to tell Francis my motive for trying to get close to him in the first place. I just wonder if he would love me if I told him the whole truth. Everything from him being my soul mate. It is risky, but I know he will want to know. "Heading home late, I see" I heard a voice call from behind me. I turned around, crossing my arms, seeing that witch standing there. "What now?" I asked, frustrated. "Nothing, I just wanted to remind you that what you said to Francis was against the rules," she pointed out. "Nope, you told me that I could not ask how he feels or tell him I love him. It was perfectly fine" I laughed at her. She hissed angrily at me as she looked me up and down.

"You are a smart one" she laughed as I turned around to walk away. "Now then, back to business," she smiled, putting an arm around my shoulder. "Do not touch me," I spat, pulling away from her. "Listen, if you think of trying something like that again, I am sure your buddies at your pathetic work will not be happy about it" she laughed. I looked at her, angry. "Don't you dare hurt them," I said angrily? "I won't be hurting them if they hurt each other. Now then, you have till Saturday night to end this all. Why are you stalling?" She looked at me, asking.

"Stalling what?" I asked annoyed. "I am saying that you are taking your sweet ass time trying to get him to say it" she looked at me with a lifted brow. "It is hard when I am limited to options" I looked at her, annoyed. "Right! Like there are not other ways that do not involve words or physical contact" she looked at me smiling. My eyes widened at this. "You finally realize it, huh? Okay then. Consider this a helping advice for your dumb ass," she laughed, snapping her fingers. I looked to the spot she disappeared from and knew now what I had to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far