Chapter twenty

"So here is how the game works!" Francis laughed, drinking wine out of his cup. "Okay, explain?" I laughed, wiping hair out of my face. "For starters, we have to have the same amount of clothes on," he pointed to himself and mine. I soon started to count my clothes. "I have seven," I counted. "I have six on, so you need to lose the sweater," Francis laughed. I nodded, doing as he said. "Great! Now, we each will get twenty-four cards. We are only allowed to use one card first. Each round lasts until one person has gotten all the cards. The loser must take off an item of clothing afterward. Then the next round starts," he said, shuffling the cards. "To get someone's deck, the one card has to be higher than the other person's card. The person with the highest card takes both cards and places them in a separate deck along with any other cards the other person has separated. It is simple," Francis laughed, handing me my cards.

"You are so going down!" I laughed, taking a drink from my wine cup. As we started the first round, I was nervous about flipping over my first card. Luckily... I had the highest card. "Hell yes!" I laughed, taking his card and setting it to the side. "There is still a long way to go; I could win. This game is about luck," Francis laughed. "You are not the luckiest person," he added as we flipped over the next card. This time, he took the card and the cards I had put to the side. We continued to do this until there was only one more card to flip. "Don't fail me now," I laughed as we both flipped the last card.

"Yeessssss!!!! In your face," I laughed, looking at Francis's face of defeat. "You got me there; I guess I underestimated you, Arthur." He laughed and was about to take off his socks. "No! The shirt," I said in a sassy way. Pointing to his shirt. He nodded, defeated "you are something else," he laughed, sliding his shirt off and throwing it to the side. "Now this game has gotten serious," he pointed to me, drinking more of his wine. I am sure we would end up getting drunk by the end of the night. So we continued to play for five more rounds.
~
Winner
First round: me
Second round: Francis
Third round: Francis
Fourth round: me
Fifth round: Francis
Sixth round: Francis

"Take off the belt," Francis pointed to me, smirking. I stood up, glaring at him as I started to undo my belt. My pants began to fall off a bit. "I will get you!" I laughed, determined to have him strip again. Finally, on the seventh round, I could; however, he just took off his other sock. That damn frog! I have to get him again. At the moment, I had only my pants and underwear on while he still had a belt, pants, and underwear. I need to win one more round to have him take off his belt. I drank some more wine and felt my cheeks start to get flustered.

"You are on!" I slurred just a bit. I was still aware, so that was good. I just need to slow down on the booze. We started the eighth round determined to see who would win this time. The game started to go fast as we continued to place cards and take cards. "Yes! I did it!" I laughed, jumping up from my seat. "Now, the belt!" I yelled to Francis, pointing. He started to chuckle as he took off his belt and placed it to the side. We are now even! This may better my odds of winning. "You like this game," Francis laughed, shuffling to the cards once more. "It is because I am going to beat you, frog," I laughed, retaking my cards.

"Ready?"
"Ready!"

We both flipped the first card over and started the ninth round. This was getting intense as we both tried to win based on luck.

Winner
Ninth round: Francis

"Damn it!" I said, taking off my pants. Francis suddenly stopped and stared at me. "What is it?" I asked, confused at his sudden stop. He looked me up and down, and I noticed his face turn red as he went to drink down some more wine. "That is my fault; let's keep playing," he laughed, reshuffling the cards. That was very odd. I wonder what happened.
Luckily, I won the tenth round. I laughed at him starting to take off his pants. "What a loser," I laughed, sipping the wine from my cup that was recently filled up again. "Yeah yeah, the final round will be intense," he laughed, taking his pants off completely and throwing them at me. "Don't be a sore loser, okay?" I laughed at him. He sat down on the ground across from me, and we started the final round. This round will lead someone completely naked, but with a winner!

"Ready?" He asked, handing me my new deck of cards. "I was born ready," I smirked at him, taking the cards in my hand—card after card. I started to drink more and more, nervous about the outcome. I could tell Francis was nervous, too, by how much he started to drink as well. I started to get dizzy as my cheeks felt hot from all that drinking. "I win, Francis!" I laughed, hearing myself sound drunken.

I did not feel drunk, but the way I tried to stand and talk helped me realize I was drunk once again. "Okay," Francis laughed in a drunken tone as well. He took off his last piece of clothing and smirked at me. "Arthur! You look nice," he laughed, coming closer and knocking me to the ground. I had lost my balance from the dizziness. "No, you" I started to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, thanks for reading, lmao!!!! I hope you like the book!! Also, I came up with more story ideas today. Like seven new ones, so I think I will be making more stories after this book.