Chapter thirty nine

"You....love me?" I asked feeling my heart nearly stop beating. "I do too, Francis. I love you-." I was suddenly cut off by a loud crashing noise that pushed all the people in the restaurant out of their seats and to the ground. "What the hell was that?" Francis groaned, trying to get up. "Arthur!" He cried coming towards me to help me up.

"Sorry, the air was knocked out of me," I said gasping for air. "It is fine, I am just glad you are okay," Francis said worriedly. "Everyone needs to evacuate now" some waiters came to call out. Suddenly, they were thrown across the wall. Once people saw this, they ran away screaming. "What is going on?" Francis asked. I had a feeling I knew what was happening.

"Arthur, that was against the rules," I heard that witch's voice. Francis and I turned in the direction of the voice and saw the woman laughing. "What do you mean?" I asked, confused. Francis looked at me, confused as to what was happening. "That is the witch?" He asked, and I nodded. "Nice to finally meet you," she laughed looking at him. "What rules?" Francis asked, looking at her.

"Right he does not know," she laughed pulling me towards her. "You see, I gave him the sight to see people's red strings; this helped him lead himself to you. Now about a week ago today. I told him I would take his soul if he did not get you to tell him how you feel. So first step gives him the sight, next step gets him to try and make you fall for him, finally, get you to say you loved him" the lady laughed holding my wrist tightly.

Francis looked at me, horrified. "You pretended to love me so you would not get killed?" Francis asked, looking externally hurt. "No! It was not like that. It was at first, but I fell in love with you. It was real." I tried to explain, but it seemed like he did not budge. I pushed the lady off of me and tried to touch his hand, but he pulled away.

"No...." I said, voice cracking. "Awww, looks like lover boy did not get the ending he hoped for," the lady mocked. She started to laugh in an evil way as smoke circled around her. "This is my true form!" She laughed, revealing herself to be an old hag. "Now then, your soul is mine," she laughed. I looked at Francis, but he was too shocked that he blocked everything out. "No! I did not break the rules!" I said, stepping away from her. "Yes, you did!" She laughed, taking something out of her cloak. It was a mysterious knife.

"How?" I asked, backing up. "I told you that you were not allowed to provoke it or say it. You did both in one sitting." She looked at me. "How was I supposed to know that counted?" I said, horrified. She looked at me in a pathetic way. I rushed over to Francis. "You need to snap out of it, please," I begged, tears streaming down my face.

He looked up at me slowly. "Were you doing this to save yourself?" Francis asked. "Francis, I was at first, but I realized my feelings for you and how much I love you. I need you right now, please," I begged holding his cheeks in my palms. "Francis... I love you," I said sadly.

"Wow, this is touching. Maybe I should take your dearest instead to watch you suffer for all eternity as you blame yourself," the lady cackled a sickening cackle. "Do not even think of laying a finger on him," I shouted at her. "Francis, you need to leave now" I shook him a lot. He started to snap out of it slowly.

"I would rather die," he said as a tear left his eyes. "No, don't say that," I cried. I turned back to the lady, who smirked an evil smirk. "Move," she ordered me. "Francis, leave now, please!" I yelled, pushing him. He started to gain his sense back. "What?" He asked, confused.

"Francis!" I lifted him to his feet and pushed him away. "What is going on?" He asked, completely aware of the situation now. I turned to the lady who was holding the knife out. I turned back to Francis, scared. "Tell Everyone that I am sorry." I cried more seeing the lady charge at Francis with the knife. So I did the only thing I could think of at the moment. "What? Arthur, no-." His voice cut off.

I had tightly shut my eyes, feeling a strange pain. "I-." I could not finish what I was going to say. I looked to the source of the pain and saw a knife had impaled me. "Arthur!!!!" Francis screamed, horrified as I fell to my knees onto the ground. "I've been impaled" I tried to laugh it off. "Francis, I am sorry I did not tell you the truth."I struggled to say.

"You idiot! Why would you do that?" Francis cried, holding my head closer to his chest. "Wow, I did not expect this." I heard the lady laugh walking towards where I lay. It was starting to get hard to breathe correctly. "That was not fun," she said, annoyed, ripping the knife out of my body in front of Francis. "No! Do not close your eyes!!" I heard Francis yell at me as I turned my head to the side, tired.

"I need to get you to a hospital," he said, horrified, lifting me in his arms. "What..-?" I managed to say as he ran out of the restaurant, holding me in his arms closely. "Please hold on," he cried, putting me in the back seat of his car. He rushed, so horrified that I would die.

I looked up to the roof of the car, smiling. "Francis.." I called to him as he started to drive fast. "Yes?" He said, worried. "I would do it again if it meant I could save you..." I laughed out a bit before closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haha you thought!!! Lmao, Nah jk, it might be a happy ending, who knows. We shall see :)
Thanks for reading so far!!!!!