kang yeosang.

You groaned, listening to your best friend talk about her soulmate. Not that you weren't happy for her, you were just irritated that you hadn't found yours yet.

"He's so sweet, and I'm just so happy I found him." She cooed, making you raise an eyebrow. "Y/N, you'll find your soulmate. I promise."

"I hope so, Seoyoon."

She checked her watch and gasped. "I gotta go, but tell me if anything happens!"

You nodded and watched her walk off. Legend had it that when you met your soulmate, there was a burning sensation right above your heart, like the fire of love. You wondered if it felt like heartburn, then who knows? You might've already met your soulmate. Grabbing your drink off the table, you headed home. As you were walking, you started to feel a small tingle in your chest, but you shrugged it off.

Until you bumped into someone and you nearly yelp at the pain right above your heart. You looked up with bewildered eyes, and so did the boy you bumped into to.

"Ah, I'm so sorry. I should've watched where I was going." You apologized. "Ow - oh my gosh."

You held your chest, the pain almost overwhelming. You could see the pain evident on his face from the feeling, but he still had a smile on his face.

"I'm Yeosang." He winced.

"Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Yeosang." You shook his hand. "I should get home, but I'll see you around."

He nodded, speechless from the pain. You scurried off to get home and do something about the pain in your chest, and your mom nearly fainted when you busted through the door.

"You scared me, Y/N!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry. I need your help."

She saw how hurt you were and rushed over, grabbing your shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"I met my soulmate and I don't know how to make this pain go away."

She smiled, patting your head. "Don't you know how it works? To make the burning above your heart go away, you have to kiss your soulmate."

"Seriously? What if I don't see him for like, another week?"

"It won't be that long. Once you meet them, you see them everywhere."

You sighed, opening the front door again. "I'm gonna go find him."

Your mom let out a small 'be careful' before you shut the door and ran off. Remember that statement about how it probably felt like heartburn? Yeah, it definitely didn't. It was a hundred times worse than that, and if you didn't find Yeosang soon, you'd probably pass out from how bad it hurt.

The pain intensified and you figured he was close, so you frantically looked around and spotted him. It looked like he was looking for something or someone too, so you quickly hurried over to him. Once he saw you, he ran towards you as well, and you closed the gap with a needy kiss.

You pulled away and felt instant relief, resting your forehead on his shoulder. "If I knew I had to kiss you I would've done it right away." You laughed.

He chuckled, the vibrations from his chest moving to your body, as he wrapped his arms around you. "It's okay. I didn't know either."

It had been two years since you and Yeosang got together, and you were as happy as you could be. He treated you so right and he loved you so much that you couldn't help but fall in love with him more and more every day.

But something was off.

He was being distant and weird. He'd flinch if you touched or spoke to him, he would rarely answer your calls or return your texts, and you cried yourself to sleep almost every night because of it. You saw him in the mornings, but he cut it short with a curt kiss on the forehead and a 'goodbye', as he shut the front door.

You wondered if you were doing something wrong, but even if you were, he couldn't do anything about it. You were his soulmate and he was yours, so that meant you guys would work it out, right? You sighed and looked at the clock, seeing that Yeosang would be home soon. You cuddled deeper into the blanket you were under, nervous about confronting him. You were more nervous about what he would say, though. What if he wanted to break up?

You heard the lock click and froze. You slowly looked over and made eye contact with Yeosang, who started making his way towards the stairs. You hopped off the couch and ran up to him, grabbing his wrist.

"Y/N, I'm really tired." He mumbled.

"So am I." You paused. "But, can we at least talk first?"

"About what?"

"About how you've been ignoring me. It doesn't feel good to be avoided by the love of your life."

He sighed. "I'm not ignoring you, Y/N."

"Not answering my calls or replying to my texts isn't what you would call ignoring?" You asked, and he shook his head. "Then what is it, Yeosang? Tell me what's wrong so we can do something about it, but until then, you're stuck with me because I'm your soulmate."

Your eyes started to water, and he noticed, pulling you into his chest. "I'm not doing it on purpose, baby. And I'm not stuck with you, I'm glad to be with you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

"So what's wrong?" You whispered against his chest.

"I've been thinking-"

You cut him off, looking up as quickly as possible at his words. Your heart dropped and your breathing got heavier.

"Not about breaking up." He finished. "I've been thinking about how to ask you."

You tilted your head. "Ask me what?"

"Ask you to marry me."

It felt like all of the air in your lungs was pushed out of you. "Seriously?" You smiled.

"Seriously, Y/N."

You hugged him, tighter than you ever had before. "Yes, I'll marry you!"

You heard him exhale, a breath you didn't know he was holding. "I'm sorry it seemed like I was ignoring you. I just got so nervous."

"It's okay. I just missed cuddling with you and seeing your face all the time."

"I know. I missed you too, baby."

-