choi jongho.

"Class, this Friday we will be having a formal dance for the seniors. I hope you can all make it and have a great time."

You looked across the room at Jongho, then at Lin, your best friend, who was wiggling her eyebrows. You silently laughed and gathered your things as the bell rang. Lin waited for you at the door, and she linked arms with you as you headed to lunch.

"You should ask Jongho to the dance." She smiled.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't like me the way I like him," You shrugged. "Simple."

"You don't know that. Has he walked up to you and looked you in the eyes, and told you, 'I don't like you in the means of being my girlfriend'?"

You sighed. "No, but I can tell in his body language, Lin. It's not gonna happen."

When you walked into the cafeteria, your eyes immediately landed on the group of girls surrounding Jongho. You saw him politely shake his head and all the girls looked very disappointed as they walked away.

"See? He's already rejecting people." You said, gesturing towards his table.

"To save the spot for you, Y/N!"

You narrowed your eyes at her. "You've watched too many dramas."

Thursday came around and Jongho had rejected at least fifty girls, and you didn't want to be one of them. So you watched him from a distance at lunch, watching him reject people in the nicest ways he could think of.

"You need to get yourself together. You're basically drooling, and you're sulking."

You pouted and looked at her. "I am not."

"Just ask him! It's not that hard. I asked someone."

"Lin, you got turned down."

She shrugged. "That doesn't mean it was hard to ask him."

You didn't notice Jongho get up and make his way towards your table, since you were too busy bickering with Lin.

"Hey, Y/N."

You looked up and nearly choked on your own saliva. "Hey, Jongho."

"What are you doing tomorrow night?"

"I'm not sure yet, but in all honestly I'll probably study."

Lin made a gagging motion. "Ew, boring."

Jongho laughed at her antics. "Well, Y/N. If you want to, would you like to be my date to the dance?"

Your jaw dropped slightly and you looked at Lin, who was frantically and excitedly slapping your arm. "Yes, I would love to!"

He smiled. "Good. I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow?"

You smiled. "Perfect."

He smiled before waving goodbye and going back to his table. Lin looked at you and grabbed your hands, shaking them wildly.

"You're going to the dance with your dream man!" She exclaimed.

"Hey! That was really loud." You laughed.

"Oh, it's not like he can't tell that you're head over heels for him."

You pursed your lips. "Maybe."

You slipped on your simple black dress and looked in the mirror, just as your mother walked into your room.

"Ah! You're growing up so fast." She exclaimed.

You chuckled. "Mom, it's just a dance."

"And you're going with the man of your dreams!"

You looked at her and pointed a finger. "Are you and Lin communicating or something, because she said that yesterday when he asked me."

She waved her hand at you and chuckled. "No. Everyone knows you have a huge crush on him." She smiled. "You really do look beautiful, Y/N. Jongho is a very lucky boy."

You gave her a small smile. "Thank you."

The doorbell rang, and you ruffled your hair one last time before grabbing your things and going downstairs. You opened the front door and smiled at Jongho, moving aside so he could come in.

"You look beautiful." He complimented.

Your cheeks got pink and you smiled. "And you look very handsome."

"Ah! Pictures, pictures!" Your mom screamed, running into the living room. "Cheese!"

Jongho pulled you into him and wrapped his arm around your waist and you did the same, and you put your other hand on his chest. You smiled and your mother snapped a picture.

"Absolutely breathtaking. Now, pull a goofy face!"

You looked up at Jongho and laughed at the face he was making, just as your mother took the picture. "That was the purest photo I've ever seen."

"We should really get going, Mom."

"Right! Have fun you two." She paused, smirking at Jongho. "Try not to do too many shenanigans."

"Mom!"

"Sorry, sorry. Go, before you're late."

You sighed and walked out the door, and Jongho opened the passenger side door of his car for you. You got in and buckled up, and Jongho did the same, heading off to get to the school. It didn't take long to get there, and you looked over at Jongho as he put the car in park.

"Lin kept telling me to ask you to the dance, but I couldn't because I was nervous and you'd been rejecting girls all week, and I really didn't want to add to that, and-"

He leaned over the console and cut you off with a kiss, cupping your cheek in the meantime. "I've known that you've liked me for a long time, Y/N." He smiled.

Your eyes were sparkling. "Really?"

He nodded. "And I like you a lot. So, let's go have the night of our lives at this dance, yeah?"

You smiled. "Let's do it."

-