kim hongjoong.

disclaimer: language, violence.

You ran down the alleyway, holding your wounded arm. You heard footsteps behind you and started running faster, only to end up at a dead end.

"Stop running, Y/N. There's no way out at this point."

You didn't even know the man chasing after you. You just knew that he had snuck into your home, attempted to kidnap you, and shot you in the arm during the process.

"Who are you?" You asked, your tone angry.

"Come on. You don't recognize me, sweetheart?"

You scrunched your eyebrows and looked at him, and your heart dropped. "How the hell did you get out of prison?"

"You know I'm good at escaping sticky situations. Just like your fathers death."

You growled under your breath and stepped closer to your uncle, the brother of your father. "You killed him, you son of a bitch."

"He was a gang leader, and he put my precious nieces life in danger. I was helping you."

"You made me miserable by killing my father. He was protecting me better than you ever could."

You lunged for him, but he caught you and threw you against the wall, your weakness not helping your situation. "Y/N, you've lost a lot of blood. Let me help you."

"I would rather die than let you help me."

He sighed and pointed his gun at you. "You've always been so ungrateful towards everything I've done for you. Why is that?"

"You've done nothing for me."

Your head dropped as your vision started to blur slightly, and you heard him cock the gun. You couldn't even focus on what was happening, you were getting extremely dizzy and your ears rang.

"Shouldn't you be in prison?"

You heard a familiar voice and attempted to look up, but you didn't have the strength. The conversation became slurred and you had no idea what they were saying, and then you heard someone run off. You were nearly completely blacked out when you felt someone helping you up.

"Don't worry, Y/N. We'll help you out."

And then it went dark.

You woke up on the couch of an extremely familiar place. You sat up with a groan and a sharp pain coursed through your arm.

"Good morning, Y/N."

You looked up and saw Hongjoong. "Morning."

He helped you stand up and wrapped an arm around your waist, making you blush. Rumor had it that you had a huge crush on Hongjoong, except it wasn't a rumor. You sat at the dining table with the rest of his friends, his gang, and his family.

"We were scared you weren't gonna wake up." San pouted.

You smiled. "You know I always pull through."

Your fathers gang and Hongjoong's gang, Ateez, were very close and both gangs got along very well. After your father passed away, ateez vowed to always protect you, even though they did so before your father's tragedy.

"Do you know where my uncle went? He can't just roam the streets freely." You asked.

"Don't worry. While I was helping you, Seonghwa and Wooyoung went to the police station and reported a man that 'looked like the inmate that escaped'. They caught him and he's back in prison." Hongjoong told you.

You nodded and continued eating your breakfast, putting your plate in the sink once you were done. You rested your palms on the counter, and it sent a jolt of pain into your arm, making you groan.

"What did he even want from you?" Jongho asked.

You shrugged. "I'm not really sure. He told me how ungrateful I was then I blacked out."

"That's weird. I'm sure he wanted more." Hongjoong.

You sighed. "I have no clue what he really wanted."

"I'm gonna go to the store, be right back!" You yelled.

You shut the front door behind you and began walking down the street to the convenient store, but then you heard small sounds in the alleyway, almost like whimpering, or even whispering, so you walked in between the two buildings to see what was going on. The noise stopped when you neared the back of the alley, and a woman popped out.

"Y/N. Lovely to see you."

You furrowed your eyebrows and stepped back. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I'm working for your uncle." You tried to take another step back, but she grabbed your arm and pulled you forward. "Tell me where your fathers plans are. In your house? In a secret location?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Oh, you will."

She pulled a knife out, stabbing you in the lower abdomen. You groaned and doubled over, watching her feet. She took a step forward, and you reached out, grabbing the back of her knee and pulling, making her fall. You took the chance to run, back towards the house. You watched your back as you made your way up the steps and inside the door, slamming it shut and locking it.

"Y/N?"

You looked up as you grabbed your stomach, and Hongjoong was already making his way towards you.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Some- some lady said she was working for my uncle. She wanted to know where my dad's plans were."

He hummed in response and took you to the bathroom, where he sat you down on the corner of the bathtub and grabbed the first aid kit. He lifted up your shirt a bit and started cleaning the wound, bandaging it once he deemed it clean enough. He kneeled in front of you and looked up, making direct eye contact.

"I wish I could protect you better."
He whispered.

"You already protect me."

"Yeah, but I can't walk down the street and hold your hand, or kiss you if I see some guy looking at you, even if I want him to know that you're with me."

You smiled slightly. "What are you talking about, Joong?"

"I don't want to be just friends anymore, Y/N."
He paused and cupped your cheek. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

Your eyes went wide, and your smile grew. "You're being serious?"

He nodded, and you chuckled. "I thought you'd never ask."

You leaned in and attached your lips to his in a loving kiss. You pulled away and smiled, and he laughed.

"I take that as a yes, you'll be my girlfriend?" He asked.

You smiled. "Absolutely."

-