awsten knight - waterparks

[SLEEP]

[YOUR POV]

      My head felt like a grenade that was ready to explode due to this lengthy wave of sleep deprivation. I just wanted this to end. I was terrified to sleep, afraid of who might attack me in my nightmares this time. I sat in my bed alone, since Awsten was at band practice. I scroll through my Instagram explore page, my eyelids grew heavier by the second, threatening to shut and yank me into a tortuous sleep. I fought the temptation to drift off but ended up failing.

       I saw people but their faces were blurred and I could only hear the terrible things they said. Everything was in black and white. The only face that was in color and that I could make out was Awsten's. He yelled the same things as the others. They started to come uncomfortably close to me, their hands started to come in contact with every inch of my body. The fear and anxiety grew and became more violent with each bit of contact. Some of the blurred faces became violent and injured me, bruises and cuts forming on my skin. I felt violated, dirty, and every word for unclean. The worst part was that evens though the cuts and bruises weren't real, the feeling of disgust would carry on into the material world.

I jolt awake from someone shaking me, making me yell, "Stop!"

"Hey, baby, it's just me," Awsten's soothing voice whispers.

      He was sitting next to me so I pulled myself into his lap. The tears that poured down my face soaked his sweater.

"What happened, love?" He asks, rubbing my back as my body trembled before him.

"I h-had n-nightmare. P-people were t-touching me and h-hurting me and y-you were yelling th-things at me," I sobbed uncontrollably, gripping the soft material of his sweater so tight that my knuckles turned white.

"Baby, I'd never do or say anything to hurt you." He kissed my forehead.

"I want this t-to stop. The b-bags under my eyes are getting w-worse and I have c-constant migraines. I want to s-sleep better instead of b-being scared to."

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here," he apologized. "I'm sorry I haven't been home as much as I should. You really only get a good amount of sleep when I'm there and I'm sorry I'm barely home."

"I-It's ok, but promise me you'll be home tonight," I asked, the shaking finally stopped and the tears have stopped falling.

"I'll be home all week, baby," he smiled. "Get some rest."

      Awsten kissed my forehead again and continued to rub soothing circles on my back. This time, as my eyes started to close, I wasn't afraid of sleeping. Awsten was right, whenever he was with me I slept perfect.
___________
lol another old imagine buttttt i edited and made it longer lol (not much still).
anyways, requests are open!!
-halle