Chapter Fourteen {I Have To Save Him }

Placing down the cookbook I realise that I haven't treated it well. It's not that I throw it around, dump water on it or tear the pages and I have never done that dog ear thing when you bend the top edge to mark the page I'm not a monster. It looks like a beloved cookbook that has been very well used. I have been meaning to restore it to its former glory by its not just my history of baking mishaps. My mother created this book all her families secret recipes in one book. Elijah told me stories about how my mother and father would spend days cooking while I was in her tummy. Mother would sit on the stool by the bench and order father around. Elijah said they always made a big mess but neither of them minded as they always had the most fun baking together. I could never see my father like that when I meet him. He was so different from the stories. I know losing my mother changed him. I wish I could remember who he was before everything happened. I don't blame him for my mother's death, but I do know if he acted differently she might still be here.

I flip to the page titled pancakes.I measured everything out making sure I only had enough for two people. I grab the flour and begin to sift it when I think of an amazing idea. I measure out more of the ingredients and start making it together.

The first pancake is all ways a flop. It never turns out right. Neither did my second or third pancakes. They kinda look like weird scrambled eggs. So I guess those are mine. The next six come out okay not perfect but they look like a pancake at least. I grab some berries and whipped cream from the fridge and place everything on a tray and carry it to the grand dining room to set up. I place a plate in front of fathers chair, one in front of mine and then one for Elijah across from me. I leave the room in search of both my father and Elijah. I walk down to the library where I find Elijah dusting the bookshelf and rearranging the candles.

"pancakes are ready Elijah," I say from the doorway.

"lovey Sasha I cannot wait let me just finish this room and I will be right there," he says as he continues to dust.

"Okay, I've set it up in the grand dining room. Please don't take to long. Oh, have you seen Father anywhere."

"he's in a meeting he should be done soon love"

"thanks, Elijah" I run back to the kitchen and grab a bit of paper and a quill and write a note to slip under father study door.

Running down the hall I come to a stop outside my father's study and bend down to slip the paper under...

"yes my lord I will have three of your best death eaters ready to go with Draco give the word."

"remember Draco must be the one to kill him. It is highly important that he is the one do you understand?"

What are they talking about Draco killing who? Who would Draco my Draco kill? Dumbeldoor. Oh no no no no no not Draco, no he can't. I have to help him. He will not forgive himself. No, I must do something.

I run as fast as my legs can take me to the front door. I burst through it and keep running I need to get to Hogwarts fast. Oh Draco I'm coming please know I'm coming to save you from this. Just wait for me I scream. I know he can't hear me but I just hope that he doesn't do anything before I can get to him.There is a lovely old witch who has lived down the road from me since the day I can remember. She used to visit lots when I was younger. For a long time, she believed Elijah was my father. I couldn't blame her my father wasn't around. We didn't truly know if he was even still alive. He vanishes and never did anything to let me know he was alive and well. She would always bring over freshly baked treats but stopped when we discovered who my true father was. I pounded on her door hoping she was home and remembered who I was.30 seconds later there she was looking the same as the last time I saw her minus the tray of cookies. She was wearing a dark blue dress that went past her knees and had an old woolen jacket over her shoulders.