Chapter Sixteen {Party Before The Storm}

At 6pm Elijah had shown up at my door with a green ball gown with sliver beading.
"your father is having a ball tonight in celebration of Draco's success. You are to being down in the foyoura to greet the guest at 9pm" He gave me a pleading look and closed the door behind him.
I made my way over to my night stand collected my mother engagement ring she left to me a diamond necklace my father gave me on my 16th birthday.

By the time I had finished my shower it was all ready 7pm meaning I had one hour to get dress and complete my makeup. I paired my dress with a deep red lip. Put my hair up and added some last minute earrings.

I was ready just in time to make it to the grand entrance to greet guests at 9 pm

There were many witches and wizards that I knew and many I haven't seen before. However, the one wizard I was wishing and hoping for wasn't there. After greeting all the guests I made my way to the grand dining room and took my seat at the end of the table. At big events, I suppose this is the seat my mother would have taken and I would be sitting on the left-hand side of her.

I made small talk with a few of my father's guests. Keeping an eye out for Draco.

I see Snape walk into the room and take his seat up closer to my father's end.
"Please excuse me I must go say hello to a guest that has just arrived I won't be a moment," I say as I stand up from my seat and make my way to Snape.

"Snape how lovely you could make it," I say placing my hand on his shoulder.
"He's fine," Snape said not even turning to look at me.

I walk back towards my seat when Draco walks in through the doors on the other side of the room. Our eyes meet and I can feel his pain. It takes a step towards his when his face pleads for me to stay where I am. All of a sudden my father steps through the doors. The whole room falls silent. The dark Lord walks across the room and stands next to his chair at the head of the table. Everyone moves to there seats and stands behind them.

Everyone apart from me has moved. My feet feel as though they are bolted to the floor. There he stood across the room in a deep green suit that looked as though it was made just for him. His eyes on mine as the world around us stood still.
Elijah tapped me on my shoulder. "miss this way, take your seat" he said as he walked me to my seat. "Sasha my dear breath he's here and he's okay" he whispered to me as he pushes in my seat. I smile up at him.

Elijah is right Draco is here.
He is alive, healed and safe.
For now at least.

My father makes a long speech about how his plan I assume I'm not paying attention just gazing at Draco. Taking in the details on his face. From the stubble on his jaw to the way his lip moves ever so slightly when my father mentions his name.

The table erupts into claps and cheers as the speech ends. Food is brought out and everyone starts there own conversions. An hour goes by and we have just finished eating dessert. Elijah is directing everyone to the ballroom. I make my way through the hallway stubbling every now and again. I had one too many drinks at dinner. I couldn't listen to Cassandra drone on and on about how perfect her grandson and I would be together.

I am 20 meters away from the ballroom when a hand covers my mouth and drags me into a dark room.  All of a sudden a light turns on and Draco stands in front of me his hand still covering my mouth.
"shhh," Draco says as he takes his hand off my mouth.
"We only have a small amount of..." I interrupt him with a kiss. Passion and longing the need for each other, pain, sorrow all in one kiss one amazing kiss.

"I love you. I've missed you so much. I was going to write after the accident but I did know what."

"Sahsa it's okay I understand. Writing me would have been to great a risk. I need to tell you something so just listen. I didn't do it,"
"Do what?" his eyes were looking directly into mine.

"I didn't kill him, I couldn't I just. He looked so disappointed but yet still like he knew I didn't have a choice. I should have stopped it I should have saved him warned him or I don't know." tears fall down Draco's face.
Lifting my hand to wipe them away" you did all you could. There was no way you could have saved him if not that night it would have been the next. My father would have no my father did stop at nothing to accomplish his death. I love you and nothing is ever going to change that. We will find a way to be together I promise. Once this is all over. "
I wrap my arms around his neck and give one short kiss before leaving and heading to the ballroom with the others.

I have to discover a way to end this all of this. My father can not win this war. I must stop him and free Draco before it is too late. I must find who killed Dumbdoor before its too late.