Chapter Six: First Date or Last? I

Seonghwa nervously pulled his hat further down over his eyes as he glanced down at his watch. He was currently standing off to the entrance of the amusement park he'd promised to take Hongjoong to. It was nearing nightfall as the crowds of teenagers or parents with screaming children bustled around him. He stood in black jeans and a white shirt under a jean jacket, his face hidden behind a black hospital mask. His eyes scanned the crowd for his boyfriend's soft blond hair but he couldn't spot him. The younger boy was nearly an hour late to meeting up with Seongwha and he became more and more anxious as the minutes ticked by.

He's not coming... He thought for the millionth time that night. Not that he could honestly blame him. Seonghwa had been avoiding him for a while until he got up the nerve to break the news to him. He felt in his heart that things between them would come to and end tonight. God, he's going to hate me...

The dark haired boy thought back to what had transpired earlier that day...

Seonghwa:

hey

Read 9:16 a.m.

Seonghwa:

joongie please

Read 9:37 a.m.

Seonghwa:

I need to talk to you

 Joongie:):

I don't want to talk to you hwa

Seonghwa:

I know I fucked up...

Joongie:):

You mean that night you pushed me away or because you've been ignoring me for weeks?

Seonghwa:

both Joongie... can we please talk face to face?

Joongie:):

you made me feel like shit. Why should i talk to you?

Seonghwa:

I know I did... but believe me i'm the piece of shit Joongie. I have to tell you something and I'm not doing it over text

Read 10:03 a.m.

"Come on." He whispered under his breath. Seonghwa rested his head in his hands as he stared at the screen dejectedly. He had an uneaten salad that he'd been absentmindedly pushing around on his plate while waiting for a response for the past half hour. 

Yeosang came to sit down in front of Seonghwa carrying his own lunch. He gave his friend a small smile when he looked up. "You've been staring at your phone for a while. Is something bothering you hyung?" He asked.

"No I'm doing all right Yeosang." Seonghwa said flipping the screen over. Yeosang noticed the gesture but didn't comment on it. He looked away and held his hand in front of his mouth yawning loudly, eyes crinkling cutely.

"Having trouble sleeping?" The older boy asked trying to change the subject.

"Not really," Yeosang said before taking a bite of his food. "Jongho snores and sometimes it can be really freaking loud. I low key want to smother him with a pillow sometimes." Both boys chuckled over the youngest one's behavior.

"Oh, but lately it hasn't been him it's because of Wooyoung." Yeosang continued, unaware of the way Seonghwa froze at the name. "He constantly gets up in the middle of the night. I'm starting to think he's an insomniac..."