Chapter Thirteen: Lost and Found

"Alright thank you sir..." Hongjoong said wearily to the man behind the counter. Him and Seonghwa were in the sixth motel lobby they'd searched and the concierge, like the others before him, refused to tell him if a Jung Wooyoung was staying in one of the rooms. He hung his head dejectedly and felt Seonghwa lace their hands together before giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry Joongie," Seonghwa said gently. "We're going to do everything we can to find him. He's bound to show up sooner or later..."

"I know Hwa," Hongjoong said biting his lip. He'd had this persistent queasy feeling that he couldn't seem to ignore. "I just feel like something bad will— no, has already happened to him. God, I'm so worried I feel like I'm losing my mind..." He said morosely as they walked back to the car in the crisp autumn air.

Seonghwa knew too well what he was feeling. He'd woken up this morning only to get sick immediately. His nerves had everything inside of him upside down and he'd barely slept the night before. Thoughts of all the bad things that could've happened to the younger boy since they'd seen him last flooded his mind. He was terrified that someone had sensed how vulnerable he was and took advantage of it. But Seonghwa was more terrified that Wooyoung had become even more self destructive than before.

Worried for their friend the other members also volunteered to look for him too. They'd all broken up into pairs so they could spread out as far as they could. All except for San who'd left to go be with his family for a while.

"If Wooyoung has disappeared it's because he doesn't want to be found," San said irritably the day before to Seonghwa. He stuffed more clothes into his bag refusing to look the older boy in the eyes. "He hasn't contacted anyone because he doesn't want to be here."

"But something could've happened to him—" Seonghwa began.

"Well maybe you and Hongjoong should've thought of that before you fucked him!" San shouted as he quickly zipped up his bag and threw it over his shoulder. He clenched his hands into fists and looked over Seonghwa coldly. "Woo deserves better."

Seonghwa blinked at his sudden outburst not sure of why he was so furious. Wooyoung and San had always been close so he thought he'd be willing to help. His refusal to help look for the missing boy raised a lot of questions, a lot of them San refused to answer. "San do you-"

"Goodbye hyung," San interrupted him as he pushed past him and out of the room. Seonghwa listened as he stormed down the stairs and slammed the front door behind him.

Seonghwa sighed as he looked around at the bustling streets and towering high rises. Seoul was a huge city to search. The sheer number of listings for motels, hotels, and hostels that they googled was overwhelming. There were hundreds of places he could be hiding out in, if he was even in an actual motel. Searching for him could take weeks unless they somehow got lucky and someone spotted him.

Sensing how troubled his boyfriend had become, Hongjoong stopped right in front of the car and looked at Seonghwa. "Look at me," He gently chided. Seonghwa complied and saw Hongjoong's eyes crease as he smiled behind his mask he wore in disguise. "What can I do to make it better?" He asked sincerely.

The older boy seriously considered his question and instantly knew the answer. But it was too risky and he felt as if Hongjoong would never agree to do it in public. But it didn't stop him from closing the distance, looking at him softly.

"I really wish I could kiss you right now," Seonghwa said stepping in until their chests nearly touched. Hongjoong blushed under his mask and looked up at him bashfully. "Then you can kiss me Hwa..." He whispered. The older boy was stunned at his answer.