#Sunset

Jeongguk's POV

"G-Gukkie...my darling....My baby you came..." Tae whispered.

I looked up quickly and took his hand on mine carefully kissing it.

"Yes love I'm here. You'll be alright yeah? We'll go home together," I knew it was a lie but my mind wasn't ready to accept that.

"Gguk...you should quit using the word 'alright'," Tae chuckled and tried to make me easy as if he knew I was the biggest liar, hitting my hand weakly.

"I'm so sorry Gukkie...so so sorry...I couldn't do anything except for hurting you badly. I knew it'll happen, sooner or later. I shouldn't have said that I love you. Maybe it would've been better If I rejected you at the first place, you didn't have to endure this for me right now... But I'm so selfish you know Gukkie....I couldn't leave you...I would've died earlier if I did so... I just...I just couldn't Gukkie..."

I saw my man, the love of my life crying like a child. I had never seen him that weak in my life, though we had just a little time to spend with each other. But I just knew our bond was made from the heaven.

"Gukkie...You'll hate me after knowing this...that I didn't tell you about my blood cancer earlier....I got to know about it a month ago but I still brought you into this relationship. What could I do Gguk? I was so alone. I've never been so selfish in my life before but just for having you I had become selfish. I wanted to have you, just for me...," Tae took a breath as it was being difficult for him to talk but continued, "I was so childish and dreamy... I thought you'll bring back my life...Well, you're successful Gukkie, you did it...Now I won't have any regret even if I die right now because I had you, you touched me, you loved me, your sweet tone filled my ears with loving words and that's all I wanted in my life. I'll die happily with these beautiful memories Gukkie."

I saw the tears falling from his eyes endlessly. I was unable to speak. My words stuck in my throat and I just managed to say a little.

"Don't say such things my love. You're my man, my handsome bae, my everything. Just let me assure you that you're my life and there's no one I'll love ever. You'll be again with me, holding me closer to you tightly... I know I'll again feel the warmth and protection...Just wait for a few days you'll be alright."

I saw him slowly drifting off to sleep. I didn't realize when I did too, sitting beside him.

......................................................................

My eyes fluttered open hearing a strange sound of heavy breathing and I panicked when saw my Tae was struggling for air, for taking a single breath. He tried to grab my hand even in that state.

I hold his hand tightly and his whispers were loud enough for me to hear.

"Gukkie...I-I love you so much."

That was all he could say.

I couldn't even reply.

I saw his eyes closing with his beautiful long lashes wet with tears.

And his grip on my hand slowly loosening.

One last breath

One last teardrop falling from those eyes that held galaxies for me.

And I heard the cruel beeping sound from that machine which showed the straight line screaming silently that he's no more.

With that my life came to a standstill too.

He was gone forever.

He left me. It wasn't in the promise right? He wasn't suppose to leave me alone....He was supposed to protect me and love me for eternity.

But there was nothing I could do.

I had to bade him goodbye but I never did.......

................................................

It's been 17 years my Tae went far away from me.

But I still love him like the days we were together; maybe I love him even more now.

I just know I'll keep loving him till the end of my life...no... I should say till the very last day of this universe's existence. Cause our souls are destined to be together, forever.

~There's nothing like us

Nothing like you and me

Together.......~

THE END

Hey beautiful readers!!

I just completed publishing this short story...I had drafts of this and just published the whole story so that you guys can enjoy it fully... I don't know if could satisfy you or not but it's just a typical love story, full of pure love!! It was rushed but I had fun writing this though I was about to make it an oneshot...

So if you really like this, please follow me, leave your precious comments, vote and never forget to share!!

If you like this I'll make a sequel of it....It'll be depended on the readers' request so be with me and support this baby writer!!

Purple you guys!!

~Fia