Episode 47 Beast VS Goliath

It was another sunny day in Beacon! Everybody was out enjoying the day... well except for our group of Huntresses. For today they (plus Weiss) have gathered today to watch another episode of Death Battle!

"Alright gang! Who's ready for some death battle?" asked Ruby as she grabbed the remote and was ready to press play.

"We are!" cried the group

"Do it sis!" cheered Yang.

"Ya! The readers have been waiting long enough for an update for this story to update anyways!" teased Ruby. Get a few confused looks from her friends.

Choosing to ignore her Leader's rambling, the ice queen took the remote from her and pressed start. "Aaand~ start!"

Interlude
(*Cues: Invader - Jim Johnston*)

Wiz: Some of the greatest heroes of all are shunned by the very people they continue to protect.

"That's so sad..." whimpered out Ruby.

"But mostly true," Yang muttered while thinking a few comics that fit the sort of mold.

Boomstick: Basically, the worst deal ever.

Wiz: Like Beast, the blue genius of the X-Men.

Boomstick: And Goliath, the Gargoyle who gives new meaning to the phrase "tough as stone".

"A nerd against a gargoyle? Not sure how this will go," Yang admitted, while crossing her arms under her chest.

"Guess we'll have to watch then," Ruby said, leaning back into her chair with a drink in her hands.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick...

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... A Death Battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beast

(*Cues: X-Men (2000) - Main Theme*)

Wiz: Mutation. The key to evolution. The process is slow, normally taking thousands of years, but every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.

"It makes me wonder how people are going to change in the future," whispered Blake. How far would her people and the rest of the races of their world will change and adapt in the future.

"Just don't try any risky experiments." Weiss stated.

"Or at least make sure everything is safe before doing so," Blake chimed in.

Boomstick: If that means we're all eventually going to transform into blue hairy monkey men, count me out!

"And what's wrong with blue?" growled out Weiss while she could understand the monkey part, she felt a little insulted at Boomstick's dismissal of her outfit color.

(*Cues: X-Men: Days of Future Past - Hope*)

Wiz: Feared by most normal people, mutants generally begin to show signs of their....uniqueness...around puberty. Not so for Hank McCoy.

Boomstick: Yeah, the instant he popped out it was pretty clear that something was different about him. Namely the giant monkey hands and feet. Ooh, that must've been rough on the way out! He'd better give dear old mom double the presents on Mother's Day!

"Ouch..." muttered the girls with a wince.

Wiz: Though Hank successfully hid his mutation from the world throughout his adolescent life, he was eventually discovered, and shunned. Constantly harassed and eventually kicked out of his own school, he was left to wallow in loneliness.