Episode 89: Raven Vs. Twilight Sparkle

"Alright let's start the next Deathbattle!" Ruby said as she stared the next episode.

Interlude

(*Cues: Wiz & Boomstick - Brandon Yates*)

Wiz: Emotions can be powerful things.

"That is true" Yang said

Boomstick: Ugh, are we really gonna talk about feelings and crying and stuff?

"Shut it Boomstick" Weiss said at the insensitive announcer

Wiz: Well, yes, and how they fuel some pretty powerful magic.

"What kind of magic?" Yang said.

Boomstick: Sounds good. Like with Raven, the half-demon sorceress from the Teen Titans.

"Woah that sounds so cool" Ruby said

Wiz: And Twilight Sparkle, the magical prodigy from My Little Pony.

"Really? Are they doing this again" Yang said a little annoyed it was another pony combatant.

Boomstick: Yep, really doing this again. He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... a Death Battle.

Raven

Wiz: A strong emotion can drastically change a person. Fear can trigger instincts necessary for survival, anger can increase adrenaline for incredible feats of strength.

"Like my big sister Yang"  Ruby said while Yang one armed hugged her sister.

Boomstick: And for this edgy looking chick with a wicked cloak, that's kind of her thing. This is Raven.

"Wow talk about emo" Yang said

Wiz: From the day Raven was born in her home dimension of Azarath, she wasn't the most popular girl around.

"I can relate" Ruby said.

Boomstick: Yeah, it's not exactly a good sign when, right as you're born, the sky turns black and the whole world suddenly smells like farts.

"Ewww" Weiss said

"Gross" Ruby said while the Yang and Blake agreed

Wiz: See, Raven is the daughter of a human mother and a fearsome demon.

Boomstick: Who is literally made up of hatred, not even kidding.

"Like the Grimm?" Ruby said.

"Yeah something like that" Weiss said.

Wiz: Because of her heritage, Raven's own mental state holds the key to a fearsome inner power. She is an empath, a mage who can sense, create, and manipulate emotions.

Popup: She could naturally absorb emotions, but eventually learned to manipulate emotions entirely.

"Manipulate and absorb emotions? So she could force someone to feel another emotion?" Yang said.

"Maybe" Blake said.

Boomstick: So her powers are all about feelings and stuff? That's pretty lame.

Wiz: Tell that to her when she scrambles your brain, or forces you to feel so greedy, you steal from your boss.

"Man that's some power" Ruby said

Boomstick: Oh, you don't need to convince me to do that.

Wiz/Weiss: Wait, what?

"So Boomstick is willing to steal from people" Yang said.