Episode 87: Sephiroth vs Vergil

(*Cues: Invader - Jim Johnston*)

Wiz: The great philosopher Plato once said, "The measure of a man is what he does with power".

"That sounds like a smart philosopher," Weiss commented.

Boomstick: But to these guys, power is the measure of a man.

"Man. Look at that white hair. You should join in and fight, Weiss," Yang grinned, looking at Weiss's hair.

"As if I wanted to, dolt," Weiss crossed her arms while huffing.

Wiz: Sephiroth, the fearsome One-Winged Angel of Final Fantasy.

"One-Winged Angel is one cool sounding name," Ruby gave a thumbs up.

Boomstick: And Vergil, the half-demon Son of Sparda from Devil May Cry.

"Hey. That's Vergil. Dante's brother," Blake pointed out. Her teammates noticed as well.

Boomstick: He's Wiz & I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... a Death Battle.

"They look so powerful. I can't wait to see their abilities!" Ruby beamed.

Sephiroth

Wiz: Through the millennia, legends were passed of a source of unlimited energy: the Promised Land. Unfortunately, all hope of finding this sacred ground had been lost. Until the Shinra Electric Power Company excavated the remains of a being believed to hail from the very land they sought.

RWBY listened carefully. "I wonder what they'll do to her," Ruby pondered.

Boomstick: They called this weird, naked, purple lady Jenova and thought that if they could bring her back to life, she could help them find the Promised Land. But apparently, they just didn't have any Phoenix Downs.

"Wait. What's Phoenix Downs?" Ruby asked.

"Maybe it's an item that brings people back to life," Yang suggested.

Wiz: If they couldn't resurrect a being who could lead them to the Promised Land, Shinra decided they would simply create their own. After many experiments in fusing Jenova's cells with those of a human's, they finally found their savior. His name was Sephiroth.

"I have a feeling Sephiroth is extremely powerful," Blake said.

"No doubt. I wonder how he'll react when he finds out he's an experiment," Weiss wondered.

Boomstick: With hair like that, it's no wonder he was created in a lab! Look at how majestic that mane is.

"It is majestic," Yang retorted with a grin.

Background:

Height: 6'1'' | 185 cm

Weight: approx. 165 lbs | 75 kg

Age: 27 years old

AKA the One-Winged Angel