Episode 52 Wolverine Vs Raiden

Interlude

(*Cues: Invader - Jim Johnston*)

Boomstick: Long range weaponry are effective tools of destruction, but there's just something special about killing up close and personal with a blade, like Wolverine, the vicious anti-hero of the X-Men.

“Anti-hero for the win!” Yang and Ruby both cheered while giving each other a sis-five.

Wiz: And Raiden, the deadly cyborg ninja from Metal Gear.

“A cyborg ninja!?” Yang and Ruby exclaimed with stars in their eyes. “THAT. IS. AWESOME!!”

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... a Death Battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wolverine

(*Cues: X-Men Legends - Weapon X Facility (Quiet)*)

Boomstick: Three scratches, three claws, this is the mark of the Wolverine.

“Pretty badass,”  Yang smirked. Wonder if she should make something to leave as a calling card or something?

Wiz: But before he was the poster boy for the X-Men, he was born James Howlett in 1886.

“Wow, he’s pretty old,” Ruby  muttered, she guessed it had something to do with his power.

Boomstick: And he was the wimpiest kid ever! He was tiny, and pathetic, and sick all the time, but little James wasn't stuck in bed for too long.

Wiz: As he grew up, James started to develop mutant powers, which gave him animal senses and rapid healing.

“That’s a pretty nice assortment power,” Weiss complemented.

(*Cues: Unknown Theme*)

Wiz: But when the family groundskeeper Thomas Logan murdered his father, James learned he had a more lethal power hidden within.

Most of the group winced once the saw the scene of a young James grow out his claws, and stab the groundskeeper. The only ones not affected where Yang and Ruby. One who looked on with excitement, the other just shrugged.

“What a horrible way to discover your powers,” Blake whispered, in near tears. No child should go through that ever.

Boomstick: Retractable bone claws! Old Thomas never knew what hit him, or more specifically, what stabbed him to death.

Wiz: But Thomas used his dying breath for the oh so original plot twist: I'm your father.

“Vader and Luke again?” Weiss muttered.

“Well at least James didn’t lose an arm,” Ruby said with a shrug.

Boomstick: Going from two dads to zero in a matter of seconds.

“Not cool Boomstick,” Yang said.

Boomstick: Anyway, James took on the name Logan to poorly hide his identity, and ran away from home with his childhood friend Rose. But then he accidentally stabbed her to death too. Damn, those things seem really inconvenient, like a murder erection, always popping up when you don't need it.

Wiz: You should probably see a doctor.

“EW.” Weiss mumbled, getting a nasty mental image.

(*Cues: X2: Wolverine's Revenge - Main Menu Theme*)