Engineered Empress Part 3

Chapter 3 Visions and new friends

After being found in the hangar bay a few moments after her collapse, Bia was brought into the clinic. The doctor found nothing wrong with her except that she showed signs of a coma, with elevated working brain functions and no treatment could wake her. They found the nanite injection site but other than doing what they supposed to do nothing was wrong. With no cause for her condition, they took a barrage of tests with the result that nothing was wrong with her.

After pumping her full of medical nanites even those just kept up the status quo in her body and did not bring her out of the coma. Her great grandmother and guardian Marr wasn't herself and kept long hours in the clinic just to be by her side. After a week they put her in the same room with another coma patient. And the doctor sends Marr home for her own good.

Bia yawned, and rubbed her eyes. She sat up and came face to face with a ... well she did not know what it was. It was a weirdly lumpy cloudy shape of vapor she thought. "What the heck is that?" she thought to herself only to hear it loud out.

"Hello Albione Maria Norcott, my name is Ceri. I am now your servitor and you are forthwith the empress of Ceri B Prime. Thank you for accepting your position and giving us a purpose." Not really following what that thing said she still try to make sense of the shape in front of her.

"Sorry, but what are you? Wait, what? What do you mean empress? There are no empresses here or for that manner kings or queens. I really think you got the wrong girl. I will be going then." With that she stood up and looked around. Seeing nothing but flowers, a sky and open space around her after never setting a foot on a planet her breath caught in her lungs, panic seized her heart and she blacked out.

Puzzlement filled Ceri, because the thought scape it chose made Bia so afraid, that she fainted. It knew not why that happened; her body was functioning perfectly. So, it chose to disconnect the body from Bia's consciousness until the connection could be properly made. After letting the nanites build the primitive communication node in Bia's head Ceri scoured the connection for information about what had happened, she found she could connect to the information network of the station Hunters Back and all connected computers like station security, medical and residential units.

Ceri found out that Bia was a human being, and Ceri B prime was gone, in fact several million years had passed since its destruction. After writing itself into the main security computers she had answers to some of it questions about its origin, but still not why Bia fainted. After getting entry to a medical unit, it learned about its hosts body and after searching for psychological problems it found that humans that were never on a planet can experience an anxiety driven, systematical shutdown when left alone on a planet surface without shelter or in too big of rooms.

At the same time Ceri also learned everything about every patient the clinic ever provided for, including a coma patient in the bed beside Bia. That human male had problems to regain consciousness for a number of years. Searching for pictures of places to display from Bia's social media accounts, Ceri build a new environment that showed one of the hot houses from her homestead and woke her up again.

"Hello, Albione Maria Norcott" Ceri said and waited for Bia to wake and slowly see her surroundings and let her eyes fall on it.

"Hi, call me Bia please" Bia said guarded. Ceri showed again up as a shapeless thing. "How come I am now here and what are you? I don't feel quite right. What is happening?"

"I am Ceri, your servitor." As Ceri answered Bia looked baffled at the cloud of particles and motioned to it wildly with her hand.

"Why are you that and what do you mean servitor?" the cloud shifted like a small bank of mist.