Engineered Empress Part 13

Chapter 13

Bia woke up the next day at noon feeling stuffed, still tired but good nonetheless. She remembered being tired in the Core and what an effort it took to crawl through the shaft.

"Ceri what happened?"

"Bia, welcome back. You were depleted of caloric energy and I put you to sleep to save you from eating away at the only fatty tissue you had left. – your brain. So you are welcome! As soon as you arrived home Marr fed you hourly and I replenished your depots as good as I could, starting with the upper ones. You had 17 feedings of 1300 calories each. And I am happy to report you have regained an adequate fat resource, that over the next two to three weeks still needs augmentation."

Bia went into the bathroom and saw herself for the first time in the mirror. No longer did she look like a small adolescent girl, instead a young woman in her twenties looked back to her in the mirror. Her face was pointier, stunning but no longer innocent and she just loved her long limbs. In awe she exclaimed.

"Wow Ceri I have breasts!" only to get Ceri's dry reply.

"Certainly, you are a mammalian after all, Bia." She grinned and liked what she saw even though she looked like a runner - lean and mean. But she hoped with a good diet she would become a little softer. Aghast Bia found out that none of her old clothes fit her anymore. As she told Marr about this over the link, her grandmother told her to wait and she would bring her some. Half an hour later Marr wandered in her bedroom with a big box following her on a hover cart. She went to Bia and hugged her fiercely.

"Honey, I want you to look through these. I couldn't throw anything away of your great granddad's and when it came the time with your parents, I also just stuffed everything in here. Your Mum was your height. I'm sure you will find something in there. We can go tomorrow to the station and get you new clothes." Glad to get the option to rummage through the clothes of her mother Bia kissed Marr's cheek.

"Thanks Marr, I love to go through this stuff and maybe keep some of mum's clothes. I never knew you kept them." Misty eyed her grandmother laid her hand on Bia's cheek.

"Oh honey, you were so small, and I was devastated when we lost them in that accident, and then I had my hands full with you around the clock. Don't think I didn't love it but going from a sometimes-babysitting great grandma to fulltime parent was quite the challenge." She hugged Bia and left her looking through the clothes. After an hour Bia was satisfied with her findings and build herself a new outfit together. She wore a black camisole, a sheer purple loose-fitting tunic, that flared at her hips and swayed with her every step, over tight black pleather pants. Bia went into the kitchen, already famished again. Marr's eyes rested on her form and laughed out loud, er eyes twinkling with the good memories.

"Oh honey, you look great. I totally forgot those pants were in there too. I wore them to a club on Mars where I met your great granddad; that was a long time ago. Ahh the memories. I like them on you. Maybe you find yourself a boy wearing them too." She winked and still chuckling set a plate on the table. At the same time Damon entered the kitchen, stopped and stared open mouthed at Bia. Gone was the girl, instead a stunning woman stood there and thinking of her meeting any other man wearing that, made him sick to his stomach. Damon darkly mumbled barely audible.

"She can't run around like this. How should she keep all the slobbering male idiots at bay?" Marr laughed at him.

"Hunter. I think you just volunteered." slapped him on the shoulder and left.

"Grandma!" shouted Bia aghast while he was sundered speechless and just shook his head.

They sat in painful silence while Bia ate, then he took her plate and brought it over to the sink.