Engineered Empress Part 26

Chapter 26

Damon opened the door; he wore a long duster and more weapons than she could count. His eyes ventured over her body and narrowed at the slight swelling on her cheek. With heavy steps he went to Bia and pulled her in a big hug and at once released the pressure when he saw her wincing He growled.

"What happened?" Knowing he would probably kill Hamilton if she revealed the whole story she shrugged and said.

"Everybody is alive. I will heal and forget this sordid experience." Damon grumbled.

"Bia, tell me. Who do I have to kill?" She smiled at him and patted his shoulder, noticing Nick as he paled at that question.

"Thanks for coming for me. NO, you will not kill anyone here. And I would like you to meet Nikolaos Walters. Nick I would like you to meet Damon Hunter." Both men looked at each other until Damon asked grumpily.

"And why do I need to know his name again?"

"Because you will graciously accept him as passenger on route to Keplar III where I get my ship and this whole story sorted. Don't believe I let that thug get away with what happened."

"Do I now? You, do know that we will be fairly cramped on the ship, right?"

"Yes, but first of all, I take care of the oxygen systems and second we can hot bunk. Do Allistor and Gwen come with us?"

"Yeah they do." Damon rubbed his head.

"Bia, you know you can't collect all strays and give them a home?"

"Damon, I don't collect strays, I make friends. And friends help friends or why are you here? And furthermore I ow him, he opened up a gold mine for us, but I have to explain that later. You have my payment?" She asked Nick and he held up a bag and nodded. She grabbed it and slowly wanted to go down the stairs, when Damon pulled her to a stop gripped her under her knees and behind her back and softly carried her down, where he put her down.

She saw Hamilton standing in the living room, went to him and whispered in his ear. "Hamilton, that over there is Damon Hunter, former Gamma team member. I will leave some ears on the ground here in Wandu. If I ever hear you raising your fist against a woman or a child again. I will send him back. Do we understand each other?" Her tone was sweet and calm but cut Hamilton like ice. He paled, nodded and send them on their way. Bia wanted to step out of the home only to freeze in the doorway panic seizing her. Nick stepped up to her took out a bandana and blindfolded her.

"That should do the trick. Better grab your friend's hand until you're in the car." Damon led her to the car surprise showing in his face until Nick explained.

"She is a space rat... a human that never set step on a planet. They usually are a bit agoraphobic but Bia a bit more so." They drove to the space port and boarded the raider. Bia let go of the blindfold and looked around.

"I see you modernized while waiting for news."

"Yes, even here in port Ceri bought new stuff that was needed in the ship. Like new mattresses, bedding, food. Not sure where she came up with the funds though." Bia grinned at that.

"Never mind that. Just say thank you when you hear from her." Damon again went and hugged her, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Girl you are the reason I will get gray hairs, you know that, right? You will never ever leave my side again." Bia snuggled into him.

"I missed you too. And thank you."

"Always." Was his only reply. Nick standing beside them was a little forlorn until Bia broke away from Damon.